Barstow Elementary

According to the Calvert Co Public Schools press release, Barstow Elementary is scheduled to open in the fall of 2008. But they haven't started building it yet.

Anyone have the inside scoop? Is it still scheduled for fall 2008?

catlingirl

According to the Calvert Co Public Schools press release, Barstow Elementary is scheduled to open in the fall of 2008. But they haven't started building it yet.

Anyone have the inside scoop? Is it still scheduled for fall 2008?

They 're building it. Its behind the college. There's a redistricting meeting about it tonight at 6:30 at Calvert high . Its suppossed to be a two story building from what I've heard. Hope that helps some

They 're building it. Its behind the college. There's a redistricting meeting about it tonight at 6:30 at Calvert high . Its suppossed to be a two story building from what I've heard. Hope that helps some

I drove back there the other night, but didn't see where they had started building. But that was last week. Thanks!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
that's where he'll go.

Don't count on it. :lol: The kids in Dares Beach were redistricted years ago to go to Plum Point Elementary and Plum Point Middle while the kids just a few blocks away on Dares Beach Road went to Calvert Elementary & Middle. It changes all the time, doesn't seem to be a logical plan for it.

Don't count on it. :lol: The kids in Dares Beach were redistricted years ago to go to Plum Point Elementary and Plum Point Middle while the kids just a few blocks away on Dares Beach Road went to Calvert Elementary & Middle. It changes all the time, doesn't seem to be a logical plan for it.

I can't imagine they'd send a kid that lives in Hallowing Point to a different school. You HAVE to drive right passed Barstow to get to another school.

But, then again, I guess it could happen!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I can't imagine they'd send a kid that lives in Hallowing Point to a different school. You HAVE to drive right passed Barstow to get to another school.

But, then again, I guess it could happen!

They send the kids from Dares Beach through the back roads (Wilson etc.) when they are less than 3 miles from Calvert Elementary, Middle and High. In fact, people that live across from the mini mart on on Dares Beach Road, less than a mile from Calvert High, go to Huntingtown High.

They send the kids from Dares Beach through the back roads (Wilson etc.) when they are less than 3 miles from Calvert Elementary, Middle and High. In fact, people that live across from the mini mart on on Dares Beach Road, less than a mile from Calvert High, go to Huntingtown High.

I guess we'll find out in a few years. :lol:

cartman

the school is back behind the college..... i have made at least 30 delivery's out there for my job of lumber and other stuff to the site.. its going to be a nice school.

jedi2814

According to information at a teacher's meeting last night Barstow won't be ready before October if then. No plans have been made about what to do with kids until the school is ready.

Anybody go to the redistricting meeting Wed. night?

catlingirl

According to information at a teacher's meeting last night Barstow won't be ready before October if then. No plans have been made about what to do with kids until the school is ready.

Anybody go to the redistricting meeting Wed. night?

I did. Did you go?