Chopticon teacher on a week +++cruise???

caramelalb

My son just started CHopticon this year. His English Honors teacher has been out all week and the sub told them she will be out part of next week that she is on a cruise. How can this be allowed? I made a phone call and it was confirmed that she is indeed on a cruise. She couldn't do this over a break? Do teachers live in the real world???? This has me livid and I plan on calling Annapolis about this. No wonder the children aren't learning anything.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
I believe they do... and since this is the beginning of the 3rd marking period... seems to me like now is a better time than during mid-terms or finals.

If I were a teacher, and in some ways I am, I would probably need a mid-year break so I didn't kill someone's kid.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Maybe she doesn't want to go on a cruise during spring break because she doesn't want to spend her break with a bunch of kids.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Do teachers get personal days?

Yes, they do. If they take more time than they earned, their pay is decreased. It's almost like they are real people just like the rest of us.

How dare they be humans!

My wife took maternity leave while she was teaching! How dare she! She should have held the baby in until the year ended! After all, the snot nosed kids are all that matters!

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
If I call out sick for my job for more than 3 days I need a doctors note. All I'm saying is could she do this over a break or what about the summer?

So if she used her personal days one at a time -- say one per month -- would that be acceptable?

Cowgirl

:drama: Teachers should be at school every single day! How dare they have lives?! :drama: Who cares if they probably take work home with them every single day?! They should never be allowed to leave!

:rolleyes: They need breaks, too. Unless you think it's cool to never take sick leave or personal days. :shrug: If the teacher has leave, she should be allowed to use it.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Yes, they do. If they take more time than they earned, their pay is decreased. It's almost like they are real people just like the rest of us.

How dare they be humans!

My wife took maternity leave while she was teaching! How dare she! She should have held the baby in until the year ended! After all, the snot nosed kids are all that matters!

It was pretty rude of her not to time her pregnancy better. You didn't see Jessica Alba getting knocked up right in the middle of Good Luck Chuck, did you? She's a professional.