Price of Crabs

zoomzoom

Thought it might be helpful if people could post the cost of crabs and where they saw the price. Might help some of us save a few $$$$ this summer.

Thanks

Zoom Zoom

Elle

Happy Camper!
Dad and them always go to H. Gass in Hollywood, they really like the way the taste. The price always changes though. Me personally can't stand the things so can be of no help to ya!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
We went to Capt. D Ray's a few weeks back and they were $28 a dozen then. Market fluctuates though. Best to call around.

zoomzoom

Looking to get a bushel for the weekend and I saw some #2 males in Leonardtown for $75 a bushel I think. Wondering if this is high or low.

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
Originally posted by zoomzoom
Looking to get a bushel for the weekend and I saw some #2 males in Leonardtown for $75 a bushel I think. Wondering if this is high or low.

I'm sure Sxy can get ya a bushel for free!:neener:

tipsy mcgee

Always thirsty
The prices fluctuate even more with bushels bought from seafood joints. Number twos seem to fluctuate between $60 and $80; Numbers ones $80 to $125. Shymansky's at Cobb Island are $25 a dozen and $27 for all you can eat. I think most restaurants are $25 to $30 a dozen right now, but that will go up as summer rolls along and crabs get scarce.

I paid $75 for a half bushel of "#1's" from CrabKnockers on July 4th. The clerk told me they group them by weight now rather than size. They tasted great (no Tony the Tiger impression), but most were small in both size and weight.

It won't be long until we've emptied the bay. :frown:

H

Heretic

Hang arround on great mills road and eventually you will find someone willing to give you crabs for free.

K

Kain99

Until The disgusting VD comments I was going to refuse to reveal my source!

Tommy Tippett Leonardtown. $8.00 a dozen all year long. :wink:

H

Heretic

Originally posted by Kain99
Until The disgusting VD comments I was going to refuse to reveal my source!

Crabs are not a venerial disease btw, they are an infestation :biggrin:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I spent 8 dollars on three ring traps, 1.99 on chicken necks and took the kids crabbing. Took about 2.5 hours but we caught 18 decent sized.. like paying $10 for 1.5 dozen..

K

Kain99

Got Tommy's Number 301-475-2766... I was right $8.00 a dozen $40.00 half bushel $80.00 Bushel! :wink: