Accident Calvert Beach Road & 4

_MightyMouse_

_USMCScoutSwimmer_
There are roads that go through St. Leonard, you don't know nothing 'bout Calvert.

BTW I heard it was a fatal, some donkey was driving up the road the wrong way.

Well in Japan, they'd be driving up the road the correct way. I'm glad I don't know anything about Calvert. :whistle:

B

Bronwyn

There are roads that go through St. Leonard, you don't know nothing 'bout Calvert.

BTW I heard it was a fatal, some donkey was driving up the road the wrong way.

:confused: No bodies came through here tonight... not saying that they might not have been flown out.... Hmmm. Anyone hear if there was a chopper called to this one? Dammit Jeff, Why did you have to cut the scanner off :tantrum

sdm

Nope, there was no chopper called. A red Ford Taurus (so was reported) was traveling north up Route 4 in the southbound lane from Coster Road to just before Ball Road before it collided with a white car. Never saw a chopper. One ambulance left with no lights or sirens and a little while later, the scanner said that Ambulance 79 was out at CMH.

greyhound

Now that I've caught my breath....

My children were out last night...this kind of stuff scares the ##it out of me. They were in way way way before 4:00am but the oldest is almost 17 and when they have band practice thay all crash at a band members house. I'm sure they have done the middle of the night runs to get sidas and snacks..........

I

Inkpen

Nope, there was no chopper called. A red Ford Taurus (so was reported) was traveling north up Route 4 in the southbound lane from Coster Road to just before Ball Road before it collided with a white car. Never saw a chopper. One ambulance left with no lights or sirens and a little while later, the scanner said that Ambulance 79 was out at CMH.

Coster Road is way down in Lusby and Ball is in St. Leonard...9 miles apart.
That's a lot of road to travel and a lot of intersections to go thru not to be noticed!

Seems strange that the white car did not see the head lights of the "wrong way" car, or see the car itself in time to swerve and miss it.

So sad that in 9 miles no one saw or could stop this driver from dying..

Prayers for the family and friends.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Coster Road is way down in Lusby and Ball is in St. Leonard...9 miles apart.
That's a lot of road to travel and a lot of intersections to go thru not to be noticed!

Seems strange that the white car did not see the head lights of the "wrong way" car, or see the car itself in time to swerve and miss it.

So sad that in 9 miles no one saw or could stop this driver from dying..

Prayers for the family and friends.

One of our security guys was out at the end of the road and saw the vehicle go by and said he called it in as it passed the plant but about that time he heard it come across the scanner that there was an accident.

I

Inkpen

There was a fatal some time ago..involved a priavte ambulance and an impared driver.
The driver was first seen and reported on 231, reported again on Rt 2/4 south bound just south of the Sears in Prince Frederick...
Then it ran into the ambulance and killed 2 people. ...way down on 2/4 near Sixes Road...2.3 miles from where it almost hit another driver at the 231 and 2/4 intersection.
Several chances to prevent a death and the police did not respond.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
There was a fatal some time ago..involved a priavte ambulance and an impared driver.
The driver was first seen and reported on 231, reported again on Rt 2/4 south bound just south of the Sears in Prince Frederick...
Then it ran into the ambulance and killed 2 people. ...way down on 2/4 near Sixes Road...2.3 miles from where it almost hit another driver at the 231 and 2/4 intersection.

Yeah I remember it, but what makes you think they did not respond? I mean I don't know! I would like to think that they were responding and just hadn't intervened the vehicle yet as it was moving and had turned onto a different road. Do you know other wise?

I do know that a Trooper left a car that was pulled over in the Solomons area early this morning to respond to the driver going the wrong way call.

MMDad

Lem Putt

In that case, the police were persuing the vehicle when the crash occured:

UPDATE: Car Rear-Ends Ambulance; Driver and Patient Killed - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

In that case, the only person at fault was the stoned driver. Not the police.

In last nights case, the only way the police could have done something is if they happened to be at the right place at the right time, and not out taking care of another call. Driving from Coster up to Ball the wrong way makes me suspect he was wasted too, so why blame the police? That person probably chose to drive wasted. It's not the job of the police to prevent crime, they are only there to catch you after you commit a crime.

Last edited:
I

Inkpen

Yeah I remember it, but what makes you think they did not respond? I mean I don't know! I would like to think that they were responding and just hadn't intervened the vehicle yet as it was moving and had turned onto a different road. Do you know other wise?

I do know that a Trooper left a car that was pulled over in the Solomons area early this morning to respond to the driver going the wrong way call.

Yea...it was reported that the police did not respond on that call...was in the papers....

And if your buddy saw it at the Power Plant ( security..right?)
There was still time to try and stop it.

Usually there are cops all up and down rt 2/4 at night..just sitting watching the road..

Again, seems hard to believe that no one stopped this guy for over 9 miles..10 minutes.

Where were all the cops?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Where were all the cops?

One evening (not very late), several months ago, Ott and I followed a guy from Benedict into Calvert. He was all over the place, weaving all over 231, running off the road and swerving back. As we approached the light at 231/4, I called the police. He turned north on 4 and we were behind him but dropped back a few cars because we were certain he was going to cause an accident. He almost lost it at Walmart...still no cops..we followed him a little further and he was still heading north when we made our turn..about 10 minutes later...still no cops.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Yea...it was reported that the police did not respond on that call...was in the papers....

And if your buddy saw it at the Power Plant ( security..right?)
There was still time to try and stop it.

Usually there are cops all up and down rt 2/4 at night..just sitting watching the road..

Again, seems hard to believe that no one stopped this guy for over 9 miles..10 minutes.

Where were all the cops?

What was he suppose to do? Other then call it in? Pursue it up Rt. 4 with yellow lights a blazing, abanding his post? He tried to call it in, that is all he could do. Do you realize it takes about 60 secs to get from the power plant to Ball road?

Please stop posting BS!!!!!!

I

Inkpen

In that case, the police were persuing the vehicle when the crash occured:

UPDATE: Car Rear-Ends Ambulance; Driver and Patient Killed - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

In that case, the only person at fault was the stoned driver. Not the police.

In last nights case, the only way the police could have done something is if they happened to be at the right place at the right time, and not out taking care of another call. Driving from Coster up to Ball the wrong may makes me suspect he was wasted too, so why blame the police? That person probably chose to drive wasted. It's not the job of the police to prevent crime, they are only there to catch you after you commit a crime.

Easy dude..
People dont choose to drive wasted..they believe they CAN drive after they have had a few.

They choose to drink..and after the first few, the part of the brain that regulates "reason" is drugged and no longer works "normally". After that they can no longer make a drug free decission, and therefore act like they can when they cant...

I am not blaming the police.....I just find it hard to understand how a car can travel 9 miles up the only major road in the county, go thru several intersections and not get stopped or reported with all the cops on the road..

If it was in the wee hours, odds are very good the driver was under the influence.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Easy dude..
People dont choose to drive wasted..they believe they CAN drive after they have had a few.

They choose to drink..and after the first few, the part of the brain that regulates "reason" is drugged and no longer works "normally". After that they can no longer make a drug free decission, and therefore act like they can when they cant...

I am not blaming the police.....I just find it hard to understand how a car can travel 9 miles up the only major road in the county, go thru several intersections and not get stopped or reported with all the cops on the road..

If it was in the wee hours, odds are very good the driver was under the influence.

So what are you trying to say, Cops saw it and ignored it? Didn't take the report serious enough to respond to it?