new people

lusbyhouse

any advice on meeting new people around here ("normal" :) people) . my husband and i moved here alittle while ago and dont really know anyone.

BlueBird

You'll have to define normal....

Welcome to the area. Now stay indoors, call no-one, keep your window shades down and whatever you, do not answer the phone or epon your door. Under no circumstances should you leave your home.

Seriously, just get out and meet people and get involved in the community. There are some very nice folks around here.

BB

craberta

yeah, one persons definition of normal is different than anothers. My best friend and her husband are normal, and they are the exception. Everyone else I know is sort of quirky, but I am used to that. I don't even know where normal people would be. My friend and her hubby play golf and ski.

flyingdog

any advice on meeting new people around here ("normal" :) people) . my husband and i moved here alittle while ago and dont really know anyone.
This is never easy. My recommendation would be to enroll in a class with the county rec center, volunteer, get involved in a church? The fair is coming up and perhaps that is a good way to get involved as well. Best wishes and welcome. What are some of the things you are interested in, what demographics are you?

Hobbies? If you like to fish, golf, hunt, run, garden, bird watch, whatever, keep your eyes open and you'll see that people around here on the forums talk about this stuff. It'll give you someone to discuss these things with and you could make some freinds that way. Oh, yeah, they like to eat also, so if you have a bbq or something a bunch will be sure to show up and we are mostly normal..:lmao:

S

sckald

I've been here for going on three years and I still don't know many people

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
There are as many folks with different interests here as there are elsewhere. Perhaps this would be the time to explore something different since you are new to the area. Each section of the country has something different to offer. Do a bit of research on the area, see if there is something you've never investigated that might appeal to you, and I'm sure you'll find some interesting folks that have made that their hobby.

I really enjoy Civil War history since I came here, and I ran into a guy that has Booth's derringer. That was cool (for me).

luvscats

Welcome! Volunteering is a good way to meet people. Church activities. Do you play softball? That's alot of fun. Lots of outdoor stuff here to do. Lots of friendly, nice people. If you get involved in what you like to do, you'll meet the nice folks who live here.

MrX

High Octane
Welcome! Like said before..it depends on what your definition of normal is. There are a lot of good people in the area, but like everywhere...we have our share of a-holes too.

Where in Lusby did you move to? My g/f and I just moved to Lusby as well, but we have lived in the are for many years.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Maybe if you post some of your likes and interest, people will respond. Lots of great people here mixed in with a full bag of nuts!!! :whistle:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I really enjoy Civil War history since I came here, and I ran into a guy that has Booth's derringer. That was cool (for me).

You should have gone with us last summer to visit the grave of Stonewall Jackson's left arm.

Don't think I've ever been accused of being normal :lol:

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly

Welcome to the Forums! :howdy: I don't really have any other suggestions that haven't already been made. Again, what type of things do you like to do? Tell us a little bit about yourselves if you don't mind.