Getting out of Dodge: ideas for long weekend

flyingdog

Any place recommended to go for the long weekend...a 1 or 2 nighter. Just could use to get away but don't want too much hassel. We are late 30's if that helps. No kids.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Frederick is kind of cool. It's got great antique shopping in the downtown area with lots of interesting little stores. There is also an outlet not too far away from there. They have some good, fun pubs to eat in. Not too far, not expensive and kind of interesting. Pretty country.

Any place recommended to go for the long weekend...a 1 or 2 nighter. Just could use to get away but don't want too much hassel. We are late 30's if that helps. No kids.

Vegas!
Niagra Falls.
Outer banks.
Va Beach.
Holiday Inn Solomons.
(In order of hassle.)

Last edited:

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
Depends on your tastes. Wife and I love Fredericksburg just to walk around the shops, little restaurants and I love the architecture. For us a romantic weekend getaway is Kent Island, stuffed whole lobster with crab imperial for $40 bucks at Fisherman's Inn, a couple of other restaurants, on the water, dancing, an American Legion and VFW down the road, works for us.

S

sckald

Head to the emerald mine in NC and get your green on

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
I vote VA beach, hotel rates are off season, beautiful ocean view on almost every room, lots of restaurants and things to do since you're a YOUNGER couple. Not a long drive... :coffee:

wildlowrider

Buy a map, rent a car, and hit the road. Anywhere you end up you will be somewhere new. ROADTRIP!!!

angelbaby

Luray, Va. Short drive, you have the scenery of the mountains and the town is very cute. We stayed in a B&B there and LOVED it! You can visit the caverns too, it's a great experience.

T

toppick08

Are you into swinging ?

:whistle:

thurley42

HY;FR
Are you into swinging ?

:whistle:

hahahahahaahahahaha

Man there are a lot of hilljacks posting...everyone wants to head to the mountains.....

VA. Beach is FREEZING....IMO it's just a waste of money this time of year...we went last St. Patty's weekend for a marathon and had an ocean front room...sure it was nice to look at, with the heater cranked up and the doors and windows sealed, but there was no one around and nothing to do besides drink and hit Lynnhaven Mall....

If you want to go to a beach go to Atlantic City, at least there you can double down!

And if you are the adventurous type.....Sandals has a ton of specials for long weekends...you would be suprised how cheap you can stay in Jamaica for three nights...

Last edited:

flyingdog

Thanks for all the ideas! Exploring them now. Can you believe all the cabins at Westmoreland are filled up? Gosh I wish the weather was nicer; have to wait a few more weeks I suppose...