Health Food Stores?

shmltn

Are there any health food stores in SoMD or should I stock up on my supplements and stuff before relocating?

shmltn

There is one in Leonardtown.

I hope they will have organic produce and such. We like to by organic stuff whenever we can afford it. The organic meats get expensive. I also prefer getting my bodycare products from the health food store.

K

Kain99

Whole Foods and Trader Joes in NOVA... Hop Skip and a Jump from SOMD. especially if ya really care.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I hope they will have organic produce and such. We like to by organic stuff whenever we can afford it. The organic meats get expensive. I also prefer getting my bodycare products from the health food store.

You can PLENTY of organic veggies in season from the Amish.

TWLs wife

Mc.Kays in Lexington park has that stuff. You just need to ask where.

K

Kain99

I don't think GNC sells food... They are more of a vitamin store.:love:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I don't think GNC sells food... They are more of a vitamin store.:love:

They said "supplements and the like" in their first post and I know GNC sells that stuff plus some food items. :shrug:

For organic foods, definitely Trader Joe's and Fresh Fields in Annapolis. :yay:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
The Good Earth Store in Leonardtown has a decent variety of items. They carry everything from granola to the entire line of Burt's Bees as well as other lines of personal care items. The staff is really helpful when you have questions about something.

shmltn

Whole Foods and Trader Joes in NOVA... Hop Skip and a Jump from SOMD. especially if ya really care.

Trader Joes is where I do most all my shopping. I just pick a few things up elswhere. The locater for TJ's said the closest was in Alexandria, which is about an hour and a half away, right? That's what is a hop, skip and a jump to SoMDers? Wow. I'm very spoiled with my TJ's here in San Diego. I've never been more than 15 minutes away from one. Right now I'm only 5 minutes away. Heck, even when we had no car and had to walk, it took less time than that. lol.

Whole Foods will put you in the poor house! I got sticker shock after going in there. For years my hubby would ask about it and I'd steer him away from it. He doesn't like to look at prices, he's used to just buying it if he wants something. Lots of things look really good there, but he'd have to make twice as much money as he is for me to shop there. I don't know how people can afford it. Of course, we're big eaters too. I suppose if I was 20 years old and could get by on a grapefruit or two for the day, then I could afford them but that just isn't the case.

Last edited:

kom526

There's a TJ in Annapolis also. Alexandria isn't quite 90 minutes if you plan your trip correctly.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Trader Joes is where I do most all my shopping. I just pick a few things up elswhere. The locater for TJ's said the closest was in Alexandria, which is about an hour and a half away, right? That's what is a hop, skip and a jump to SoMDers? Wow. I'm very spoiled with my TJ's here in San Diego. I've never been more than 15 minutes away from one. Right now I'm only 5 minutes away. Heck, even when we had no car and had to walk, it took less time than that. lol.

Whole Foods will put you in the poor house! I got sticker shock after going in there. For years my hubby would ask about it and I'd steer him away from it. He doesn't like to look at prices, he's used to just buying it if he wants something. Lots of things look really good there, but he'd have to make twice as much money as he is for me to shop there. I don't know how people can afford it. Of course, we're big eaters too. I suppose it I was 20 years old and could get by on a grapefruit or two for the day, then I could afford them but that just isn't the case.

Nothing is just a hop here like in San Diego. I was so spoiled in living 3 miles from Mission Valley and 5 miles from Fashion Valley that when I moved here, I biatched up a storm about having to drive an hour to go to the mall. Well, I still do :lmao:

shmltn

There's a TJ in Annapolis also. Alexandria isn't quite 90 minutes if you plan your trip correctly.

Is the Annapolis TJ's closer than the Alexandria one, then, to California? I don't know where we're going to live but hubby's job will be in California, so I'm referencing everthing from there.

Last edited:
K

Kain99

Whole Foods will put you in the poor house! I got sticker shock after going in there. For years my hubby would ask about it and I'd steer him away from it. He doesn't like to look at prices, he's used to just buying it if he wants something. Lots of things look really good there, but he'd have to make twice as much money as he is for me to shop there. I don't know how people can afford it. Of course, we're big eaters too. I suppose if I was 20 years old and could get by on a grapefruit or two for the day, then I could afford them but that just isn't the case.
It's actually in Falls Church, but well worth the trip! Awesome area! Quick trip the other direction on Leesburg Pike/ King Street and your in Old town! Well worth it!

I predict, it won't be long till we have these amenities here.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Is the Annapolis TJ's closer than the Alexandria one, then, to California? I don't know where we're going to live but hubby's job will be in California, so I'm referencing everthing from there.

Probably about the same distance but the drive to Annapolis is MUCH more pleasant than driving to Northern Virginia.

K

Kain99

Probably about the same distance but the drive to Annapolis is MUCH more pleasant than driving to Northern Virginia.

True, but I barf sleepies driving to Annapolis. The Drive to NOVA will tickle your senses the whole way! Plus + Many more cool things to do!

OMG I'm selling NOVA... Sold my soul. :lmao:

kom526

:word:

And Annapolis Mall is much more huger than before and if you're lucky you can crush a major deal like my wife did for her Mardi Gras gown for this year. (75% off on clearance + an extra 10% for using her Macy's card.)

much more huger" used to jerk jazzy's chain.