Claudia has a cold

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sneezing, runny nose, eyes are watery looking.

I read in some cat blog that if you put L-Lysine in their wet food it will lessen the symptoms and help them get over it quicker. Any of you ever heard of this?

Tomorrow I'll call the vet, but just wanted ya'lls opinions in the meantime.

backagain39

No sure about the meds, but I use a warm wash rag on mine when they get the running eyes and nose. It seems to help....good luck and I hope she feels better soon.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent

I read in some cat blog that if you put L-Lysine in their wet food it will lessen the symptoms and help them get over it quicker. Any of you ever heard of this?

Cats can get a cold???? Both of my cats never had a cold. :shrug:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Cats and dogs can both get colds. My dog Razz had a cold last week - runny eyes, stuffed up nose, and the works. I just wiped his eyes out, made sure he had plenty of fresh water and some warm food, and it ran its course in about 3 days.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Cats and dogs can both get colds. My dog Razz had a cold last week - runny eyes, stuffed up nose, and the works. I just wiped his eyes out, made sure he had plenty of fresh water and some warm food, and it ran its course in about 3 days.

How interesting.... Both of my cats never ever had a cold! They don't have any signs that you listed above.

First cat is 8 years old and second cat is 7 years old. They both are indoor cats and they don't go outside at all.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
How interesting.... Both of my cats never ever had a cold! They don't have any signs that you listed above.

First cat is 8 years old and second cat is 7 years old. They both are indoor cats and they don't go outside at all.

PetStyle | Health & Wellness | Health & Saftey | Sneezing in Dogs and Cats

Not quite what we humans call a cold, but close enough. I've had enough dogs and cats over the years to have seen both species have this. You just watch them carefully and take them to the vet if it worsens. Most of the time, it just goes away on its own like a human cold.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
PetStyle | Health & Wellness | Health & Saftey | Sneezing in Dogs and Cats

Not quite what we humans call a cold, but close enough. I've had enough dogs and cats over the years to have seen both species have this. You just watch them carefully and take them to the vet if it worsens. Most of the time, it just goes away on its own like a human cold.

Thanks for the link! :huggy:

Both of my cats have never "sneezed", go outside, or around any other animals. They are indoor cats since I bought them home as a "kitten". I do not let my friends bring thier pets inside my home.

I just took the cats to the vet last week for thier update shots, and she was impressed that they both are very healthy for thier age.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
L-lysine is really only for the upper respiratory infections that are caused by the herpes virus and the calicivirus.

Cats can get colds. Since she goes outside, is she up-to-date on her vaccines? You know I don't subscribe to getting yearly vaccines but when did she last have one?

You need to be careful with Kiki too.

I'll be around later today, I'm taking Biscuit to his cardiologist appointment this morning.

SweetThang

Maybe she's allergic to you?:whistle:

Sorry vrai:poorbaby:

Lilypad

You read Cat Blogs??:blushing:
BTW did you board sweet Claudia while you were on your holiday? Maybe she picked up something?
Welcome back!:howdy:

katsmeows

L-Lysine does help with a cold. Also vitamin C. If its a Upper Respitory Infection it is good to take the kitty to the vet. Go to some of the holistic cat sites and it will tell you alot of things you can do.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
L-Lysine does help with a cold. Also vitamin C. If its a Upper Respitory Infection it is good to take the kitty to the vet. Go to some of the holistic cat sites and it will tell you alot of things you can do.

She has an appointment tomorrow. She's not sneezing as much anymore, eating just fine and using the litterbox, but it's obvious she's not feeling well. Old broad she is, best to not mess around with it.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
She has an appointment tomorrow. She's not sneezing as much anymore, eating just fine and using the litterbox, but it's obvious she's not feeling well. Old broad she is, best to not mess around with it.

Poor baby. Want me to bring Basil over this weekend to cheer her up?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Nope. KiKi was the only one of her siblings that hates dogs..absolutely hates them. I don't know why because she was around the dogs since day one. The other two are fine.

It's okay. I was just kidding. I don't want to take Basil over to terrorize the kitties.