My kitty is almost completely deaf

craberta

I was laying in bed this morning, and the sunrise show on anomal planet was on. I raised the volume slowly to see how kitty would react to birds chirping. I kept raising the volume, then when it was so loud I could barely stand it she finally heard it, and stared at the window thinking it was birds out side. She was born in the fall of 91, so she is pretty old.

D

dems4me

I was laying in bed this morning, and the sunrise show on anomal planet was on. I raised the volume slowly to see how kitty would react to birds chirping. I kept raising the volume, then when it was so loud I could barely stand it she finally heard it, and stared at the window thinking it was birds out side. She was born in the fall of 91, so she is pretty old.

Maybe she just didn't like all the racket you were making and wanted to jump out the window :shrug:

:lol:

craberta

It was just surprising to me cause not long ago, she could hear me open a can of food from the other room. It also explaines why she cries like she is so lonely, she thinks she is alone in the house cause she can't hear us.

SweetThang

Awwwww!:kiss:

I have an 15 yr old Beagle-she "appears" to be deaf, until she hears me open
the cookie jar :eversogentlyandquietlywhilesheisintheotheroom: that hold her biscuits.:lmao:

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
It was just surprising to me cause not long ago, she could hear me open a can of food from the other room. It also explaines why she cries like she is so lonely, she thinks she is alone in the house cause she can't hear us.

I'm deaf with 90% hearing loss in both ears. When I am home alone, I have to have the TV on to feel that I am not home alone. I can't stand "quiet" house, which why the TV is on all the time until I am in bed or out of the house.

She probably did not hear you opening the can of food from the other room. She probably "smell" the food. I can smell food very quickly while I am in other room or "upstairs" if the kitchen is downstairs.

craberta

She is otherwise very healthy, and has lots more time on the planet. I am going to use hand signals so she can sort of know whats going on. This kitty has been through thick and thin with us, and has traveld all over the country with us. I am going to treat her like a queen. She desserves it.

hammishsqueak

We're all mad here.
She is otherwise very healthy, and has lots more time on the planet. I am going to use hand signals so she can sort of know whats going on. This kitty has been through thick and thin with us, and has traveld all over the country with us. I am going to treat her like a queen. She desserves it.

I have a guinea pig who is about five years old (old for a piggy) and mostly blind. He has minor fecal impaction every now and then, but other than that he is in great shape :smile: He has adapted well and can now tell everyone's footsteps and smell apart! The hand signals for your cat seem like a good idea- it is cool how quick some animals pick up on those things.