How stupid!!!

Cowgirl

Who in their right mind would let their child get on a horse and do this?!!!!! And no helmet...because "nothing bad will EVER happen to MY child!" :doh:

(From FHOTD)

Attachments

• barrelrace.jpg
    barrelrace.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 315

TMCash

The kid may disagree in 10 or so years when they are laid up for the rest of their life.

I agree. Am I am not saying it is not wrong. But how would you feel if someone posted a picture of your kid, especially a MINOR on a public board with the topic of "how stupid"?

Cowgirl

I agree. Am I am not saying it is not wrong. But how would you feel if someone posted a picture of your kid, especially a MINOR on a public board with the topic of "how stupid"?

If I ever did something as stupid as putting a small child on a horse without a helmet, and letting her run all willy-nilly all over the place (which I would NEVER do), and then posted the pics on the internet, I would expect people to comment on how stupid it was.

rack'm

Jaded
It's hard to believe that us old farm folk lived at all since we didn't have helmets on when we rode our horses, we hearded cattle without prods and we even hunted without getting shot. :coffee:

Cowgirl

It's hard to believe that us old farm folk lived at all since we didn't have helmets on when we rode our horses, we hearded cattle without prods and we even hunted without getting shot. :coffee:

It looks like this girl is 3 years old. Did you gallop on a horse when you were 3? If so, you're damn right you lived this long.

TMCash

If I ever did something as stupid as putting a small child on a horse without a helmet, and letting her run all willy-nilly all over the place (which I would NEVER do), and then posted the pics on the internet, I would expect people to comment on how stupid it was.

Everybody was brought up different. If they feel that their child doesnt need a helmet then thats their choice. And I am pretty sure you got the picture off of BHW, which it was deleted from there for a reason. I personally think that the topic of parents not making their children wear helmets is fine, but posting a picture of it is just wrong.

mingiz

Horse Poor
:

:yeahthat: Most kids that grow up on horse ranches and such start riding at a very young age...and do rodeo..Haven't ya ever heard of Little Britches Rodeo....:whistle: She probably rides better than most adults....:lmao:

Cowgirl

Everybody was brought up different. If they feel that their child doesnt need a helmet then thats their choice. And I am pretty sure you got the picture off of BHW, which it was deleted from there for a reason. I personally think that the topic of parents not making their children wear helmets is fine, but posting a picture of it is just wrong.

Well, whatever. We have different opinions. I'm allowed to state mine. I posted where I found the picture. I don't know if you've ever seen a small child get bucked off a horse and land on his head (with no helmet) and get knocked out cold. I did, and it's not something I care to ever see again. That child was put on a "bomb-proof" horse that was "too old to do anything wrong." Something as simple as a $30 helmet on a child's head will do a hell of a lot of good in a fall. I just don't see the reason to not wear one. If you're an adult, you can make the decision for yourself. I don't see why parent's wouldn't want their kids to be as safe as possible.

Cowgirl

:

:yeahthat: Most kids that grow up on horse ranches and such start riding at a very young age...and do rodeo..Haven't ya ever heard of Little Britches Rodeo....:whistle: She probably rides better than most adults....:lmao:

Does it look like she has control over that horse? Look how far her feet reach....and look how she's holding the reins!

TMCash

Well, whatever. We have different opinions. I'm allowed to state mine. I posted where I found the picture. I don't know if you've ever seen a small child get bucked off a horse and land on his head (with no helmet) and get knocked out cold. I did, and it's not something I care to ever see again. That child was put on a "bomb-proof" horse that was "too old to do anything wrong." Something as simple as a $30 helmet on a child's head will do a hell of a lot of good in a fall. I just don't see the reason to not wear one. If you're an adult, you can make the decision for yourself. I don't see why parent's wouldn't want their kids to be as safe as possible.

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with you, I just think posting the picture of this little girl isnt right. I do think wearing a helmet is a good idea because anything could happen at anytime when your on a horse or even AROUND a horse. Do you make your kids wear helmets when they are around the horses?

fredsaid2

Yep, everyone has an opinion and the right to one. It's just that some are unfathomable to most of us. I too witnessed a young girl the age of the one pictured - as she fell off the horse she was being led on when it spooked- as she fell underneath and as it stepped on her skull. Kids should wear helmets until they are of age. My own unfathomable opinion.

Cowgirl

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with you, I just think posting the picture of this little girl isnt right. I do think wearing a helmet is a good idea because anything could happen at anytime when your on a horse or even AROUND a horse. Do you make your kids wear helmets when they are around the horses?

I don't have horses now.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Yes your allowed to state your opinion......I guess that I'm old school and things were alot different when I came up....:lmao: We didn't have fancy helmets that we could afford or wear....we survivied it.....:coffee:

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
:

:yeahthat:

I personally wear a helmet 9 times out of 10. But I believe everyone else can make their own choice. Should kids wear helmets? Yes. Is it my place to decide for someone else? No.

Last edited: