Direct TV or Dish Network?

boatdoctor

in the engine room
Wanting satellite TV and wondering which one is best.I have talked to both today,each has its good and bad.What is your opinion of Direct TV and Dish Network. Thanks

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Wanting satellite TV and wondering which one is best.I have talked to both today,each has its good and bad.What is your opinion of Direct TV and Dish Network. Thanks

I think it really depends what you want. Directv has better sports packages and High Definitions programming.

I think Dish Network has better value for the programming price.

JMHO

Lexib_

Blah.. Blah...Blah
boatdoctor;27 20588 said:
Thanks for the input everybody I do appreciate it.

I have direct tv. I havent had many problems with it. I lost the signal three times in the last three years that I have had it . I just got a combo through verizion with my phone, dsl, and directtv. So the bundle saved me about 60 dollars a month.

GreenHornet

I've had both and prefer Directv to dish network. Better sports packages more HD channles and I like the customer service for Directv better.

Good luck and either choice beats cable around here so you can't really go wrong.

bfncbs1

Can you ping me now? Good

Had both ( Dish for 6 days) Direct TV for 12 years..........no brainer for me, Direct TV's sports subscriptions, HD content and customer services is great. But this is just my opinion.

Fenrir51

Spend some cash on Free To Air Satellite and then tactically acquire the codes for direct tv or dish network.

Cost? 500 if you go big.

Edit: No way to get caught either.

And no I don't do it myself. Being a GI and having access to the internet you can get almost anything for a cheap price.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
It looks like DirectV just fixed a problem I'd been having with my new Panasonic plasma HDTV/ HD satellite reception problems.

I've owned this new 42" set(TH-42PZ700U) since Dec. 19, had the HD receiver installed(with new HD dish) on Dec. 26., but then began to experience a loss of the HD signal after flipping through channels - 15 to 20 times, say.

I'd get a bright green flash on the display, after changing channels, then it would go black for a few seconds, the video input label "HDMI 1" would appear in the top left hand corner of the screen, and then everything would revert to "normal".

I noticed a new software update version that appeared in the DirecTV menu - 0x4052, I believe, Mar 16th, but all of a sudden the problem has stopped.

Anyone else experience the same reception problems I described?