Andy's NASCAR Fantasy Challenge Rule Book

AndyMarquisLIVE

Here's how it works: Pick 5 drivers in the running, any 5, that you think will finish in the top 5.

You get 10 points for each driver who finishes in the top 5.

Also, you must mark one of those to win. 25 points for getting the winner.

Anybody can join, but you must submit your picks before the first practice session on race weekend (exceptions: Daytona, Charlotte (Lowe's), Atlanta, and Darlington. The common deadline is 2pm EST Friday unless they're racing on the left coast. Picks put in AFTER 2pm EST on Fridays will not be counted.

I will create a new thread each week, noting the race venue or race name. I may not include the entry list each week, but NASCAR.com and Jayski.com post the entry list every Tuesday afternoon. The top 35 in owner's points are locked in to each event.

This is the first season of doing this, so there may be some scoring issues in the coming weeks. I am taking suggestions and working with nacho and a few others to perfect the system. If you have a problem with the scoring or have any questions, feel free to email me at andymarquis@gmail.com or send me a PM.

If you're writing to appeal any results, I'll read them but remember - I AM this league's Brian France. :lol:

There is no money on the line. It's all just in good fun, and to make the races more enjoyable. Only thing at stake here is bragging rights, and we will brag. :lol:

There is no welfare playoff system (like the Chase). The points are accumulated year round. There are no resets. If a newbie joins, newbie must work their way out of the Nachozone. During the Chase, we continue as is.

Bragging is allowed, and in fact, is encouraged. :lol: :yay: Trash-talking other drivers is allowed. Trash-talking your fellow opponents in the Fantasy Challenge is allowed, just keep Vrai's forum rules in mind. Please don't be vile and nasty about any disagreements however, that's what Fight Club is for. :yay:

ALSO, in the event of my absense (and I will be taking vacation this year), nachomama is the judge, scorekeeper and jury.

The Budweiser Shootout and the Sprint All-Star Challenge will not be added up to the point total and do not count for any points, so those races are an exception. Anything goes for those races.

Good luck,
Andy :wink:
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Last edited:
T

toppick08

Here's how it works: Pick 5 drivers in the running, any 5, that you think will finish in the top 5.

You get 10 points for each driver who finishes in the top 5.

Also, you must mark one of those to win. 25 points for getting the winner.

Anybody can join, but you must submit your picks before the first practice session on race weekend (exceptions: Daytona, Charlotte (Lowe's), Atlanta, and Darlington. The common deadline is 12pm EST Friday unless they're racing on the left coast.

I will create a new thread each week, noting the race venue or race name. I may not include the entry list each week, but NASCAR.com and Jayski.com post the entry list every Tuesday afternoon. The top 35 in owner's points are locked in to each event.

This is the first season of doing this, so there may be some scoring issues in the coming weeks. I am taking suggestions and working with nacho and a few others to perfect the system. If you have a problem with the scoring or have any questions, feel free to email me at andymarquis@gmail.com or send me a PM.

If you're writing to appeal any results, I'll read them but remember - I AM this league's Brian France. :lol:

There is no money on the line. It's all just in good fun, and to make the races more enjoyable. Only thing at stake here is bragging rights, and we will brag. :lol:

ALSO, in the event of my absense (and I will be taking vacation this year), nachomama is the judge, scorekeeper and jury.

Good luck,
Andy :wink:
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Fair enough.

homedepot20

Updated rules as of 2018

1- select 5 drivers to finish in top 5 , naming 1 as the winner
2- 1 point is given for each correct top 5 finish , 5 for the correct winner , max of 9 points each race .
3- entries must be selected by green flag of each race , time varies from track location .
4- if a entry is late or forgotten , previous selections will be used ( one race time limit only)
5- all disagreements will be settled by previous "champion " or "commissioner"

homedepot20

UPDATED Rules as of 2021

1- Select drivers to FINISH , in ORDER 1st , 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th place for each race ..
2- Points to be awarded , 6points for WINNER , 5 points for 2nd , 4 points for 3rd , 3 points for 4th , 2 points for 5th
( IF selected driver FINISHES in Top5 but not in SELECTED position , 1 point will still be awarded) .. A total of 20 points is MAX Total for each race
3-Entries must be selected/submitted by GREEN Flag of each race , time varies from track location.
4- ALL disputes or disagreements will be settled by PREVIOUS "Champion or Commissioner"

Last edited:

homedepot20

Updated admentments for 2023 Season.
NASCAR drivers picks are VALID for ENTIRE YEAR, ( No Minimum Race ) Changes can be made ANYTIME, Either under Seasonal Fantasy Pick thread or under Weekly Race Thread
Each participant May have up to 4 TEAMS to.provide LARGER playing Field. Point system remains same as 2021 adjustment

Last edited: