oci club and swann's

blueeyes76

has anybody been to either of these places lately?

i hear they are drawing in an awfully young crowd these days.

SxyPrincess

I've been to OCI a few times. The crowd I've seen has been both young and old. Personally I prefer the "older" crowd because kids will sometimes tend to cause trouble and that will more than often lead to fighting. When I go out, I'm out to have a good time, not watch my back! :cool:

G

giggles04

Originally posted by blueeyes76
has anybody been to either of these places lately?

i hear they are drawing in an awfully young crowd these days.

Swann's definately has a young crowd.... and a big crowd of people at that.

blueeyes76

i live less than 5 minutes from both of them so they would be convenient places to go...but if it's nothing but young hardheads forget it.

i'm with you sxy, i'm out to have a good time, not to worry about getting stuck in the middle of some bar brawl.

FIREMAN

The word going through the grape vine is that Swanns (the bar and cottages) will be burned and turned into townhomes.

You know how the grape fine is....

FIREMAN

actually that one is not a rumor!!

Yea I know, but I don't like making statements and then it not happen. Are department is going to practice fire tactics on the cottages. That place as been there for a long time, kinda going to miss the place.

blueeyes76

gotcha!!

i take it you are with valley lee fd?

yeah, swann's has been there ever since i can remember. were you there when the hotel burned?

FIREMAN

gotcha!!

i take it you are with valley lee fd?

yeah, swann's has been there ever since i can remember. were you there when the hotel burned?

Yup Yup. I was on the first truck in at the hotel fire. Unbelieveable

sgtsprout

Mr. Shud da hell up
I have

Been there a month ago to both..swanns twice or 3 times. I live in tall timbers so I am close to them. And Depends on the band they have there. If they have the bands playing godsmack and the likes. Its a young crowd. But I was there when they had an older crowd--say more 80's classic rock stuff...and that brought my age to older there. Both I enjoyed. But not that I socialized much either.

Definately not the best places though. And OCI, only been there twice. But not on a happening weekend.

I

isukennedy

where?

I'm new around here and looking for something to do on the weekends? Anybody want to fill me in on where these places are and how to get there?

peace-
Kennedy

sgtsprout

Mr. Shud da hell up
swanns and OCI

Swanns and OCI are off routhe 249 SOUTH bound. Just have to take rt 5 south to rt 249 south and go til ya can't go any further. If ya pass a bridge ya went too far. OCI is on the right, then a bit down pass the seamans school is swanns on the left.

But A bit away from ya if your in Waldorf. It would be an hour drive almost 45 mins.