Horse Adoption Program Needs Help!

slackwater514

Important! Horse adoption program desperately needs help to keep its barn doors open!

Hi, I am the Regional Placement Director for our region (MD, DE, NY, NJ, PA, DC) for Crossed Sabers Stables and the Second Wind Adoption Program in West Union, WV. This program accepts donations of any horses that people give up for whatever reason (anything from pasture pets to horses capable of serious competition), and places them in pre-approved adoptive homes with people who have undergone a stringent adoption process and background check. In the last five years, it has placed almost 600 horses, including one from McLain Ward (Omnibus). However, the bank is refusing to renew their mortgage unless they can pay off close to $55K of their operating loan in the next two months. In response, we are launching a massive fundraising effort called $60K in $60days. It is very important that this program remain up and running - unlike rescues, whose horses have horror stories, the horses go to this program when their owners want the best for them and want to make sure they don't end up in slaughter and it is not within the owners' capabilities to do that. As the Regional Placement Director, I am in charge of communicating with donors, potential adopters, etc, and I have pledged $1500 from our region, but would like to exceed that. Anyone out there willing to donate cash or something that can be auctioned off on e-bay? It's all tax deductible, of course. Looking for a horse? All horse adoption fees will go towards the current monetary crisis, and CSS and SWAP has just about everything you could be looking for, from pleasure to breeding to competition. Their motto is 'adoption is rescue prevention' - please help us help thousands more horses in the future! Anyone willing to donate lessons, have a farm and are willing to have a benefit trail ride, etc, please help! If you have questions, please let me know, and go to www.crossedsabers.com to check out the program, their mission, the horses, etc. This is well worth your time - check it out!
Casey

slackwater514

Crossed Sabers was initially a for-profit stable for boarding and training, and the original web page was created before it became non-profit, which it did in 1998 (I believe). If you would like more of a guarantee, check out their financial records, which are at the bottom of the initial page, if I remember correctly. And, if you would like, I can contact Celeita (the founder) and get a tax ID number - I had it at one point, but don't know where I would have put it. Believe me, they are completely legit, and it is all about the horses. If you are interested in getting involved, and not just playing devil's advocate :) - which I appreciate, because it helps make others realize this is legit and in serious need of help - please let me know. We could use you!
Casey

slackwater514

Come on, people, I know you're hitting this post - doesn't anyone have suggestions on how I can help raise money? Go to the site and check it out - it's as legit as can be. I went there (to WV), adopted two horses from them (absolute dolls - they're PITA babies, but I love them), and eagerly got invovled - the money really goes to the horses. The horses aren't rescues - the goal is to get to them before they get to that point. Isn't that better than saving them from their deathbeds? This program needs to stay up and running! Help me, help us, help them!

slackwater514

I'm going to talk to Bobby Lindsley about helping me host one (I'm only a backyard horse owner) - would you be interested if we did?