the Ruddy Duck

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Restaurant.

We stopped at the front desk of the Solomons Hilton this afternoon and asked what was being built at the corner of Dowell Rd and H.B. Trueman Rd. (sorta' in the Hilton Parking lot).

The lady at the desk said that it was going to be a restaurant called
the Ruddy Duck or something like that.

Does anyone have any details ?

Last edited:
R

remaxrealtor

Restaurant.

We stopped at the front desk of the Solomons Hilton this afternoon and asked what was being built at the corner of Dowell Rd and H.B. Trueman Rd. (sorta' in the Hilton Parking lot).

The lady at the desk said that it was going to be a restaurant called
the Ruddy Duck or something like that.

Does anyone have any details ?

:buddies:Hey Fire!

For some reason I thought it was a Brewery?

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I signed up for their mailing list to get a free beer
and it asked me for my t-shirt size.
special promotion maybe :shrug:

K

Kain99

I am actually really excited about the opening! I wish them success!

signora

I signed up for their mailing list to get a free beer
and it asked me for my t-shirt size.
special promotion maybe :shrug:

Did you notice though it said "Register before January 1st. 2008 and get a free pint of beer at opening". What I found funny about the mailing list is they ask for your name, but then under the drop down box for Gender they have Male, Female and the other option is "Prefer not to Say". I know some names can be male or female, but for common names I think they can figure it out.

K

Kain99

Did you notice though it said "Register before January 1st. 2008 and get a free pint of beer at opening". What I found funny about the mailing list is they ask for your name, but then under the drop down box for Gender they have Male, Female and the other option is "Prefer not to Say". I know some names can be male or female, but for common names I think they can figure it out.

The information is most likely feeding into a database or sumpin.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The updated web site now says register before 7-1-2008.

A projected opening of August 08 :yay:

:cheers:

greyhound

Did anyone notice the brew kettles (or whatever they are called) that have been sitting in the parking lot for 5 months?

carlosruddyduck

Ruddy Duck Brewery & Grill

Hi everybody!!!

I'm Carlos with Ruddy Duck Brewery & Grill.

I saw your postings in this forum and wanted to jump in to say hi.

Yes we are a Brewery but also a Restaurant.

Just wanted you to know that RDB&G is not a chain. It’s 100% local Southern Maryland!!!!
We will try, as much as possible, to use our local produce, meats and sea food.

We will bring to Southern Maryland not only hand Crafted beers and a full service bar, but a unique menu including Gourmet pizzas, pastas, local seafood, and grilled stakes and meats; at a very reasonal price.

For those that prefer wine we will have an extensive list of international wines.

Unfortunately we are not open yet. We are looking at end of August now. The addition of the brewery makes it quite complicated since special permits, tough local regulations and brewing beer itself take time.

We are going to make a big effort to improve service and waiting time in this area.

We will also have live entertainment, brewery tours, a beer mug club, beer festivals, special dinners (paring food and beers) and lots more.

In the next couple of weeks our new website will be up and running. You can still go to our current web site and register for a free beer.
Over 600 people have registered already!!!
I’m looking forward to giving a lot of beer away, so we can celebrate our grand opening together!!!

Sorry for the mistakes and inconveniences. I agree, and told the web site designer, that when you register we shouldn’t be asking for gender!!!

Anyway just ask any questions or if you have some ideas of what you would like to see at Ruddy Duck, let me know.

Cheers:cheers:

Carlos
The Ruddy Duck Brewery and Grille, Solomons Maryland