Local Phone Service Providers

alex

Does anyone know why having an Earthlink DSL prevents my obtaining local phone service from any but Verizon? I HATE Verizon and could not wait to change my local provider. However, because of my DSL line I can not switch.

alex

I can get get the services you mentioned, but I wanted to get things like caller -id, etc without paying thru the nose. What I pay now for long distance and what I pay for local is more than I would have paid with the plan I wanted from another carrier.

Elle

Happy Camper!
AT&T has a new plan, my MIL was telling me about. With verizon she would pay $50 for local with options and her extra computer line, $20 long distance and then $25 for AOL. But AT&T called the other day with a local package= local calls, caller ID, call waiting, blah, blah, blah, long distance (I think only like 30 minutes though), an extra phone line for the computer and AT&T internet for only $60 a month. Plus, she got to keep her same phone number. I keep meaning to call and check on it. Anyone else heard of this?

alex

The problem is that AT&T can not provide local service for me because I have a DSL line at my home. I don't wish to pay for two phone lines, which is why I got the dsl service. I would love to go with AT&T, in fact I had tried to transfer to them when this problem came up. I find it odd that Earthlink can provide my DSL service while Verizion provides the local service and AT &T provides all the toll and LD service. I wanted to at least consolidate the verizon and at &T to At&T. But I can only do this if I drop my DSL service altogether. No one can tell me why this is so .

RodRugg

One time this guy from the phone company came over and sucker punched my uncle Stanley in the neck and left him for dead. When he woke up his spine was all wound up in a knot and his legs felt like somebody was shocking them with a toaster cord. My dad found him laying in the backyard and took him to the hospital. The doctor said his nerves were bruised up, and that if my dad hadn't found him he probably would have laid there some more.

willie

and that if my dad hadn't found him he probably would have laid there some more.
:killingme :killingme :killingme