Traffic in southern Calvert

frequentflier

happy to be living
I am in Solomons and anyone going south is going to be sitting in traffic for awhile. It is a few minutes before 6 and I have been watching it for about 10 min. Haven't heard any sirens.

timone69

My husband said the St. Mary's side is at a stand-still, too. This stinks. He was going to take me out to dinner!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I started that way from home about 5:15 or so and turned around. Cars were sitting still on the bridge and I was driving on gas fumes. No way was I gonna run out in that traffic. :lol:

nicole_M

Jeez... I am so glad I read this... Was about to head over the bridge to do some shopping for the kids... Thanks :yay:

shopgirl

I don't miss going over that bridge for work. I once In a while do some shoping but It has to be early. Southern Maryland drivers scare the hell out of me lol.

Vince

I don't miss going over that bridge for work. I once In a while do some shoping but It has to be early. Southern Maryland drivers scare the hell out of me lol.
Got a lot of stupid ones around here. They love to tailgate for some reason. Can't understand tailgaters. :shrug:

beamher

just made it out of the back up :shrug: didn't see nor hear anything. when i finally made it from the calvert side to the wawa at 235/4 seen about 3 police cars in the parking lot with their lights on

LOL

Got a lot of stupid ones around here. They love to tailgate for some reason. Can't understand tailgaters. :shrug:

I notice the same thing. No matter what speed I am going they crawl right up on my bumper. I never go under the speed limit so there is never a reason to be pushing me down the road. What they don't seem to realize though is if I am driving above the speed limit 5 or more and they get on my bumper, i drop to speed limit and cruise control the whole way with them behind me.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
just made it out of the back up :shrug: didn't see nor hear anything. when i finally made it from the calvert side to the wawa at 235/4 seen about 3 police cars in the parking lot with their lights on

:howdy:

I was there sharing your pain. Did you get the opportunity to watch the sun set from the bridge too? :lol:

I saw the state and county at the WaWa but I also saw Calvert Sheriff go across the bridge towards St Mary's using the North to Rt 4 lane when I first got to the bridge around 5:26pm. Later about 6:15pm or so I saw a huge tow truck with a red minivan going over the bridge North on Rt 4. It could have been involved, clearly it hit something because the front was smashed a good bit but not tragically thank goodness.

That's all I can share and I hope everyone involved is going to be ok. :flowers:

beamher

:howdy:

I was there sharing your pain. Did you get the opportunity to watch the sun set from the bridge too? :lol:

That's all I can share and I hope everyone involved is going to be ok. :flowers:

unfortunately not; i had a light lunch and was starving. so all i was thinking about was getting home. i did see a papa johns driver sitting in trafftic, I was trying to get her attention to see if she had any pizza available:lmao: the only interesting thing i saw was, i guess when traffic stopped, a passenger got out of the car and then when traffic started moving the driver started driving and the passenger had to run and jump in the car :lmao: