Rooster

Ol-man

mack421
Ok, got this rooster, like clock work he starts crowing at sunrise, now assuming they raise poultry in Alaska what do the poor bastards do when there's 6 months of darkness? If I search it the government probably has already done a scientific study on it.

Vince

My neighbor had a rooster that lived in the woods behind my house. Dayum thing crowed all the time. It disappeared for some odd reason. :shrug:

SoMDMama82

My neighbor had a rooster that lived in the woods behind my house. Dayum thing crowed all the time. It disappeared for some odd reason. :shrug:

Same here, only the one through the woods behind my house is still alive and well! When I was heading out to work this morning, well before sunset, I could hear him going at it! He starts before the sun rises, crows all through the day, and stops a little after sunset.

Ok, got this rooster, like clock work he starts crowing at sunrise, now assuming they raise poultry in Alaska what do the poor bastards do when there's 6 months of darkness? If I search it the government probably has already done a scientific study on it.

Actually they still crow at the time they think sun should be coming up. You just don't hear it until spring when all the cocka doodle doos thaw out at the same time.

:lmao:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
By the time the darkness comes about the rooster has froze to death and it isn't a problem. :biggrin:

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
Every see that NyQuil commercial where the wife is telling her husband :

"You'll sleep like.."

####adoodledooo!

"You'll sleep like ..."

####adoodledooo!

"You'll sleep like you did before the rooster went blind." :lmao:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!

As soon as my rooster sees even a head light that's it...Someone drives by at around 3 am heading to work and then all :jameo:hell breaks loose.

Cowgirl

None of the roosters I've ever owned have crowed only in the morning. They'd do it throughout the day. And another thing...I sure as hell couldn't hear it from my bedroom in the house.