Proud of My Daughter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMNEMT-B

I am very proud of my daughter Brandi for expressing her feelings for the entire county to read. She is nineteen and very compassionate about the treatment of animals. When she came running into the room crying about what she just witnessed on tv, I told her to write it down and send it to those she hoped would share her same feelings. I am extremely appalled by the majority of rude and hurtful responses she received from this site! I am a forumite and have had great success with this community. I am very disappointed that this is the treatment she received for her first post!

She did change the channel, but the damage was already done. It only takes less then a minute to know when you see something like the pig slaughter, that it was cruel! Animals are slaughtered all the time for human consumption, but I don't recall ever seeing a pig, cow, horse or any other animal being killed like this and shown on any public tv.

I am very proud of my daughters compassion for animals and for having the guts to put it out there for all the world to see! Her feelings are still strong and she has sent her letter to our local delegates, congressmen, and newspapers.

Congratulations to you Brandi for a job well done!

CraneTaker77

I am very proud of my daughter Brandi for expressing her feelings for the entire county to read. She is nineteen and very compassionate about the treatment of animals. When she came running into the room crying about what she just witnessed on tv, I told her to write it down and send it to those she hoped would share her same feelings. I am extremely appalled by the majority of rude and hurtful responses she received from this site! I am a forumite and have had great success with this community. I am very disappointed that this is the treatment she received for her first post!

She did change the channel, but the damage was already done. It only takes less then a minute to know when you see something like the pig slaughter, that it was cruel! Animals are slaughtered all the time for human consumption, but I don't recall ever seeing a pig, cow, horse or any other animal being killed like this and shown on any public tv.

I am very proud of my daughters compassion for animals and for having the guts to put it out there for all the world to see! Her feelings are still strong and she has sent her letter to our local delegates, congressmen, and newspapers.

man, i'm thinking i went to school with your daughter. chopticon? is she dating a guy named Patrick?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
If she cried over a slaughtered pig at 19 years old, she needs to seek help. YW

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

I'm glad you're proud of your daughter for expressing and believing in her feeligns.

That being said. I felt she was wrong and expressed so. My mama would be proud of me for doing that as well (I would hope :smile:)

I'm all for someone expressing their feelings, but they better be ready for criticism no matter what those feelings may be. :yay:

BuddyLee

Football addict
I saw some horse poo on the side of the road about a year ago. It appauled me to say the least. I mean, how dare that poo be sitting in my roadway for me to stumble across it!

I haven't driven on that highway since.:mad:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
You failed in your task as a parent. If she gets freaked out over something as natural as the slaughter of the meat we eat, she's severely unprepared for the real world.

You have 37 posts in 5-1/2 years. You obviously do not know this board. If nothing else, we tell it like it is.

Have Brandi contact the convent immediately before she is further scarred.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!

It would bother me to see something like that to. Kudos for Brandi for caring.:yay:

craberta

I am sorry you daughter had to go through that. I had to explain to mine that people are mean rude nasty etc and the best way to deal with it is to ignore and continue being a caring person. I hate it when kids find out how cruel the world really is, they lose that innocense and become jaded sometimes. and they still eat meat!

KillJoy

In doubt? Throttle out!
I am extremely appalled by the majority of rude and hurtful responses she received from this site! I am a forumite and have had great success with this community. I am very disappointed that this is the treatment she received for her first post!

She posted on a public forum. Not everyone is going to agree or sympathize with her.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
I saw some horse poo on the side of the road about a year ago. It appauled me to say the least. I mean, how dare that poo be sitting in my roadway for me to stumble across it!

I haven't driven on that highway since.:mad:
You should have scooped it up as free fertilizer!:yay:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Animals are slaughtered all the time for human consumption, but I don't recall ever seeing a pig, cow, horse or any other animal being killed like this and shown on any public tv.

So she doesn't mind that the animals are slaughtered, just that she got to witness it?

She isn't speaking out against slaughter, she is speaking out about people finding out what slaughter looks like.

Sorry, but that is not courageous in the least. If you can't stand seeing it slaughtered, you shouldn't eat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.