The wind is

wineo

loving life
The winds have kicked it up a notch:wench:. Scanner reporting lights out(signal lights) on 235, and trees are starting to drop:jameo:. Tree across road near Cecil Park.

Hope this passes soon:starcat:

MrX

High Octane
We didnt get much here in Lusby.....Some dark clouds passed over, the wind kicked up some, and it rained for a minute or two. Skies went right back to clear and bright blue...although its still kind of windy.

keepsmiling

We didnt get much here in Lusby.....Some dark clouds passed over, the wind kicked up some, and it rained for a minute or two. Skies went right back to clear and bright blue...although its still kind of windy.

Around 3:15 a car ran into the building of ACE

Around 3:20 Tree down across Soundings

At 3:40 A tree down at Thunderbird with live wires

It started here in the Lusby area.:yikes:

MrX

High Octane
Around 3:15 a car ran into the building of ACE

Around 3:20 Tree down across Soundings

At 3:40 A tree down at Thunderbird with live wires

It started here in the Lusby area.:yikes:

Sheesh, well i guess it decided to skip over White Sands!

wineo

loving life
Tree down with power lines at Rt. 4 and Brown Rd.

Police say all traffic lights from Chancellors Run to Great Mills Rd are out and they have no officers right now to cover calls, since they are directing traffic:jameo:.

:jameo::jameo: Keeps getting crazier:faint:. Lines down at DJ's One Stop:wench:

Hope the wind lets up soon

dgates80

Land of the lost
METAR KNHK 082052Z 21022G37KT 10SM BKN060 19/M02 A2932 RMK AO2 PK WND 21041/2026 SLP927 60000 T01891017 55002

Decoded: at 2052 GMT (3:52 pm local) the wind was 210 degrees at 22 knots gusting to 37 knots. 10 statute miles visibility, skies have broken clouds at 6000 feet. Peak wind 210 degrees at 41 knots at time 3:26pm.

Calvert scanner is *hopping* with calls related to down power lines. If you see a down power line, STAY AWAY, it might be "hot" and yes, it *can* kill you.

The scanner is also squawking about down trees, too.

Looking at a 50 mile radius, the highest reported wind was 51 knots at Richmond at 2:57pm.

LOts of reports of winds peaking at 35 to 45 knots.

dgates80

Land of the lost
Oh, also lots of airliners reporting moderate to severe turbulance. Bad day to be flying, for sure. "severe" turbulance means the aircraft is momentarily out of control, and is not reported lightly, it's fairly rare actually. Moderate means *heavy* bumps, cabin service impossible, all personell including aircrew must be belted in. (and pax probably tossing cookies)

wineo

loving life
Flat Iron Rd and Guenther Dr., tree across roadway:jameo:

Waiting for trees to start falling around my house, the pines are swaying to and fro:elaine:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
The scanner is really hopping. Those poor SMECO and road crews. They'll be out all night.

Rael

Supper's Ready
METAR KNHK 082052Z 21022G37KT 10SM BKN060 19/M02 A2932 RMK AO2 PK WND 21041/2026 SLP927 60000 T01891017 55002

Decoded: at 2052 GMT (3:52 pm local) the wind was 210 degrees at 22 knots gusting to 37 knots. 10 statute miles visibility, skies have broken clouds at 6000 feet. Peak wind 210 degrees at 41 knots at time 3:26pm.

Calvert scanner is *hopping* with calls related to down power lines. If you see a down power line, STAY AWAY, it might be "hot" and yes, it *can* kill you.

The scanner is also squawking about down trees, too.

Looking at a 50 mile radius, the highest reported wind was 51 knots at Richmond at 2:57pm.

LOts of reports of winds peaking at 35 to 45 knots.
Dang, 51 knots? Almost 60 MPH or so. No wonder trees are falling. Hope it passes soon.

edinsomd

Oh, also lots of airliners reporting moderate to severe turbulance. Bad day to be flying, for sure. "severe" turbulance means the aircraft is momentarily out of control, and is not reported lightly, it's fairly rare actually. Moderate means *heavy* bumps, cabin service impossible, all personell including aircrew must be belted in. (and pax probably tossing cookies)

Seems like I spent way too much time flying around in nasty weather, but the P-3C is an "all weather" aircraft! Or so they say.:lmao:
Ed

SoMDGirl42

I just watched a kid go about the lenght of a football field backwards on a big wheel being pushed by the wind. It looked like fun, but she was freaked out :jameo:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Already gathered some candles and flashlights, I know ours is going to go anytime now.:lmao:

We've got a generator. Don't use it often, but it sure comes in handy when we need it. I'm hoping the dead tree around the corner takes out the roof of the abandoned house. Perhaps THEN the guy will decide to sell it.