Hollywood VFD Carnival

Taz

I saw a sign Tuesday (I think at the barber shop) that said Hollywood Volunteer Fire Department Carnival starts today (Thursday, the 24th). I noticed it wasn't on the SOMD calendar and had planned to take my daughter tonight. Does anyone know if it does start today or did anyone notice they were setting up for a carnival there on their way to work this morning?

Taz

Thanks! I hadn't told the little one yet, it is a surprise. She loves going to carnival, fairs, festivals, etc. I know she'll have a good time.

G

giggles04

I be there on Sunday!!!:biggrin: Gotta love Hollyrock's carnival!!!!

G

giggles04

You guys should come to the Ridge carnival too when the time comes!

G

giggles04

Re: Cha-Ching

Originally posted by Toxick
Does it cost anything to get in? Or just the tickets for rides once you're in there?

Nothing to get in... just $7 to ride all night per person... and money for games and food!:biggrin:

Taz

Ridge has their carnival in a couple of weeks, don't they? I think it is just right before school starts back.

G

giggles04

Originally posted by Taz
Ridge has their carnival in a couple of weeks, don't they? I think it is just right before school starts back.

Our carnival is August 7th- 10th and then the 14th-17th :biggrin:

dottymae

Originally posted by giggles04
You guys should come to the Ridge carnival too when the time comes!

Hey Giggles, when is the Ridge carnival? I haven't been to the Ridge carnival since they started having it again ( a few years now). Used to go every year when I was little.
Maybe I'll talk the hubby into coming down to go.

Have you always lived in the Ridge area? I'm wondering if I know you???
I grew up in Ridge, worked at Raleys and the parents still live there.

G

giggles04

Originally posted by dottymae
Hey Giggles, when is the Ridge carnival? I haven't been to the Ridge carnival since they started having it again ( a few years now). Used to go every year when I was little.
Maybe I'll talk the hubby into coming down to go.

Have you always lived in the Ridge area? I'm wondering if I know you???
I grew up in Ridge, worked at Raleys and the parents still live there.

Well, I answered the first question in the post before.. so please do come! It is great having the carnival again.... had missed it for so long... and its done really well every year since we've had it back!

Have always lived in the Ridge area... born and raised!!!!!! My dad grew up in Ridge and my mom in St. Mary's City. So you might just know me!!!!! My dad is big into fire department and rescue squad stuff. Oh my goodness, everyone that grew up in that area has to work at Raleys! Its funny!!! I haven't... but my sister did!

RodRugg

Carnivals are AWESOME and that's AWESOME! I LOVE carnival food! Funnel cake, spoon bread, cat claw gravy, toaster strudel, ham juice. My grandma LOVES the Zipper and could ride it all day. Sometimes we play the games to try to win a stuffed prize or a stretched out Coke bottle. I also like the sideshow with the world's smallest pony and the two-headed boy. The only thing I don't like is when I got punched in the haunted house.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Well maybe we'll see ya at the carnival tonight Rod. Ya can bring your grandma if'n ya want. And I'll punch anybody who tries to punch you.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by migtig
Well maybe we'll see ya at the carnival tonight Rod. Ya can bring your grandma if'n ya want. And I'll punch anybody who tries to punch you.

So Mig are you coming tonight? Lauren just bailed on.:bawl:

Vince

Sounds like something to do tonight. Got to see what kind of food they have. Always liked Carnival food especially the French Fries.:yum:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Heck yes I am there. I like me a carnival almost as much as mud. :wink: Couldn't be better unless it was a muddy carnival. Woo hoo. :biggrin:

Elle

Happy Camper!
Heck yes I am there. I like me a carnival almost as much as mud. :wink: Couldn't be better unless it was a muddy carnival. Woo hoo. :biggrin:

Sorry they blacktopped it a few years ago!

G

giggles04

You'll definately have to come to ours in Ridge... we're still on a non blacktopped area!:razz2: