Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Into The Wild

Quote Originally Posted by Cowgirl View Post
    So he just starved.... I was wondering why he didn't shoot the bear and eat it. He was freaky looking at the end of the movie. Kinda freaked me out to look at his face.
    Well he had a .22 rifle, using that on a bear would be about as effective as a feather duster, even with a perfect head shot.
    "We're no strangers to love, you know the rules and so do I, a full commitments what I'm thinking of, you wouldn't get this from any other guy."

Quote Originally Posted by AK-74me View Post
    Well he had a .22 rifle, using that on a bear would be about as effective as a feather duster, even with a perfect head shot.
    But he shot the moose. I guess you're right, though.
    Bloom where you're planted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowgirl View Post
    But he shot the moose. I guess you're right, though.
    A big brown bear's hide and bones are thicker and tougher, besides I pretty sure that if the moose didn't go down it's first instinct would be to flee, not to say that a moose can't be dangerous, especially a rutting male, but a bear's first instinct would probably be to defend itself and even go on the offensive.
    "We're no strangers to love, you know the rules and so do I, a full commitments what I'm thinking of, you wouldn't get this from any other guy."

Quote Originally Posted by AK-74me View Post
    A big brown bear's hide and bones are thicker and tougher, besides I pretty sure that if the moose didn't go down it's first instinct would be to flee, not to say that a moose can't be dangerous, especially a rutting male, but a bear's first instinct would probably be to defend itself and even go on the offensive.
    I kinda thought the moose was going to charge him when he shot it.
    Bloom where you're planted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    Well yes, there was that.

Remember when the bear came by his trailer and he just stood there while the bear sniffed him. Even the bear decided there wasn't much of a meal on him and went elsewhere.
    That got a laugh out of me but damned if I can think of one good reason for this film being made.

So more dip####s can become inspired and follow his example. Just like a little chlorine in the gene pool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    That got a laugh out of me but damned if I can think of one good reason for this film being made.

Blog Entries
    FWIW way after the fact, I enjoyed both the book and the movie.

“No one is yet certain who he was,” said an Associated Press article that appeared in The New York Timeson Sept. 13, 1992. “But his diary and two notes found at the camp tell a wrenching story of his desperate and progressively futile efforts to survive.”

The young man in question was Christopher McCandless. His identity was not confirmed for weeks, but in time he would become internationally famous as a bold, or very imprudent, figure.

Mr. McCandless died alone in an abandoned bus on the Stampede Trail, a desolate stretch of backcountry near Denali, in August 1992. He was surrounded by his meager provisions: a .22-caliber rifle; some well-worn and annotated paperbacks; a camera and five rolls of exposed film; and the diary, 113 cryptic notes on the back pages of a book that identified edible plants.

Before Mr. McCandless died, from starvation aggravated by accidental poisoning, he had survived for more than 110 days on nothing but a 10-pound sack of rice and what he could hunt and forage in the unforgiving taiga.
    NYT article
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    What bad thing did you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    FWIW way after the fact, I enjoyed both the book and the movie.

apparently a few have died trying to make a pilgrimage of sorts and a bunch have had to be rescued, having left ill prepared for the journey

http://www.vice.com/read/into-the-wi...ris-mccandless
    Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.