$1 Million Pledge For Alzheimer's Research

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
"“I’D EAT THE ARSE OUT OF A DEAD MOLE IF IT OFFERED A FIGHTING CHANCE” SAYS TERRY PRATCHETT, AS HE PLEDGES $1 MILLION
TO ALZHEIMER’S RESEARCH"

"Best-selling author, Terry Pratchett, will today pledge $1million to leading UK charity, the Alzheimer’s Research Trust, in a bid to help find a cure for the devastating disease, with which he was diagnosed in December 2007.

Speaking at the charity’s ninth Annual Network Conference in Bristol, the Discworld author will address leading dementia experts, describing the sheer frustration he felt after learning he had a rare version of early-onset Alzheimer’s disease, and the extreme lengths he would go to in order to beat the disease.

Mr Pratchett says:

“Part of me lives in a world of new age remedies and science, and some of the science is a little like voodoo, but science was never an exact science, and personally I'd eat the arse out of a dead mole if it offered a fighting chance.”

On the issue of raising awareness of dementia and the urgent need for more research, the author added: “I intend to scream and harangue while there is time.”

Discworld News © PJSM Prints

bcp

In My Opinion
after the eating ass comment, he might want to donate a million to make sure a cure comes only after his natural death