Baby Talkers!

K

Kain99

I have a colleague - She and her husband often engage in public baby talk.

They baby talk in public all the time. While working, at restaraunts.... everywhere!

"I wuv you hunny wunny"
"My cute snookum-wookum"

Last night she noticed my discomfort and asked me if I thought there was something abnormal about it. I had a hard time answering.

It makes me really uncomfortable but I'm not sure why.... It's just awkward.

Have you ever been around baby talkers?

Are you a baby talker?

Is it unfair to want to scream when you hear baby talkers?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Kain99

Is it unfair to want to scream when you hear baby talkers?
Not at all. It would be unfair to punch them in the mouth, knock out all their teeth so they can do it permanently. :twitch:

Kirsten

Re: Re: Baby Talkers!

Originally posted by Sharon
Not at all. It would be unfair to punch them in the mouth, knock out all their teeth so they can do it permanently. :twitch:

LOL

But I find it annoying as well, the occassional in the home but out in public, YUCK!

jmho

G

giggles04

People that talk like that drive me nuts.... I'd have to smack myself if I talked like that

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Heck if it makes them happy, why sweat it?!:shrug:
Unless of course they are talking specifically to you in a baby talk way, then that's a whole other issue.

bottoms up

i don't think it's wrong to talk like that in public as long as those who do it don't mind the pitiful glares and laughing gestures the rest of us make in the mean time. showing loving affection is one thing, but to be a married couple acting like two 9th grade students is different.

tell your colleague that what she and her husband do is their business, but you would prefer they not do it around you because you find it embarrassing, or you don't think it is professional when you are meeting especially if it is about business.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by bottoms up
i don't think it's wrong to talk like that in public as long as those who do it don't mind the pitiful glares and laughing gestures the rest of us make in the mean time. showing loving affection is one thing, but to be a married couple acting like two 9th grade students is different.

tell your colleague that what she and her husband do is their business, but you would prefer they not do it around you because you find it embarrassing, or you don't think it is professional when you are meeting especially if it is about business.

I think it's a beautiful thing. Wish I could get Steve to talk to me that way in public. :bawl: If anyone had the nerve to glare or laugh, I'd just kill them. :burning: Or maybe I'd just cry or something. I dunno. :shrug:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by Christy
I think it's a beautiful thing. Wish I could get Steve to talk to me that way in public. :bawl: If anyone had the nerve to glare or laugh, I'd just kill them. :burning: Or maybe I'd just cry or something. I dunno. :shrug:

You're just jealous because you heard Otter talking that way to me last night. :neener:

K

Kain99

Maybe I'm being unfair.... I don't think it would bug me so much if we were friends or just hanging out...

It's just all that icky wicky baby talk drives me nuts while going over quarterly reports. :frown:

bottoms up

Originally posted by Kain99
It's just all that icky wicky baby talk drives me nuts while going over quarterly reports. :frown:

that is definately unprofessional. who is the meeting with, her or her husband or both? uninvite the one if you can. if they cannot act professional in a meeting, ask to meet with their accountant or book keeper who will pay attention to the subject matter.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Go get one one those annoying crying baby dolls. Every time they start talking like that, squeeze its foot and make it cry so they can hear it.

Both are terribly annoying......

RodRugg

My uncle Stanley talks to babies all the time. He always asks them if they're hungry or if they coopie doopied in their pants. Sometimes the babies say stuff back and sometimes they don't. If they don't, he just stands there and waits til the baby says someting or til it goes away.

Last edited: