No more "life in so md"

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Good afternoon everyone. I am finally back up and running. A few of you knew where I lived and what was going on. The state of Md bought my house to put the new Chancellors Run Rd thru. By the way I incourage anyone still agueing with the state to hold out for the big bucks. They paid me very well, so well that I felt I should take the money and run. But first, let me tell you, they tried to screw me at the 11th hour. We were all set to have the movers come out on a friday and pack us up. The Tues before, they call us and say they are not going to pay for our entire move to another state. well we disagreed with that because the state knew back in Oct 07 that we were going to leave so md. Why didnt they speak sooner? So we argue all day with them, then they say ok, they will pay 1/2. we pay the other half (about 6.000.00) then submit the bill to them for reimbusement.
So on wed am, I awake to hubby yelling into the phone at the state people. Appartantly now they dont want to pay any. They now say we pay it all and submit bill. Now, how many of you actually think we would of ever seen our money? Well this is no way to start your day and Im pissed. So not wanting to play this game any longer, I put in a call to sen Roy Dysons office in Annapolis. Im telling you he has the greatest secretary in the world. 5 minutes later, my phone rings and all my problems are solved and now the movers are coming the next day. I went from stop mode to time to go in no time. By that saturday, I was gone. By the way, if any of you are going thru this with the state and your dealing with Betty Allen or Gary Southers, remember they will only tell you what you want to hear and then claim they didnt say it. Right after Roys office got involved. B. allen calls us and says real nice. Im so glad it all worked out for you. I thought i was going to choke because she was the one telling us this crap about not paying. They are two faced and lie. So I move to another state, happily after all this crap, and pay CASH (dont mean to brag), yea right, for my beautiful home that if it wqas in Md, I swear it would of cost 375,000 at least. So I say I spent a portion of my money well. I would of loved to stay in So Md, I loved it there but this move made it possible for me to retire at an early age. If any of you need any advice and i can help, Just pm me and ill see what i can do. before I go, thanks Vrai for the birthday wishes.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Which house was yours? I was wondering which ones the State would buy and which ones the people would get stuck holding onto with a freeway going thru their front yard. And where did you move to?

Congrats on it all working out!

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Which house was yours? I was wondering which ones the State would buy and which ones the people would get stuck holding onto with a freeway going thru their front yard. And where did you move to?

Congrats on it all working out!

Bottom of the hill in the flood zone with the big sign in the front yard saying keep out. at least thats what my friends told me was there.

vbailey

vbailey
Mike and I were just talking about you yesterday, so happy things are NOW going well for you! I hope you meet lots of Christain folks that pray for you every day like your friends you left behind here, the ones that truley do love you !!!!

Agee

Bottom of the hill in the flood zone with the big sign in the front yard saying keep out. at least thats what my friends told me was there.

Yep, there's a big "No Trespassing" sign in front of the house, saw it at lunch time!

Congrats and enjoy your new surroundings!

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Yep, there's a big "No Trespassing" sign in front of the house, saw it at lunch time!

Congrats and enjoy your new surroundings!

So far my new surroundings suck big time. It has either rained or snowed since we got here. Can you guess Im not in Florida?

Arista

You know, I wondered about all of those houses with markers practically on their front porches and how the State was going to deal with them. Glad it all worked out for you. My place backs up to Chancellor's and I'm so not looking forward to all of the construction and additional traffic. But such is life.

Enjoy the midwest and happy early retirement!

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
You know, I wondered about all of those houses with markers practically on their front porches and how the State was going to deal with them. Glad it all worked out for you. My place backs up to Chancellor's and I'm so not looking forward to all of the construction and additional traffic. But such is life.

Enjoy the midwest and happy early retirement!

Listen the state didnt want to buy my house either, I had to fight with them for the longest time. The road was going to be about 25 feet from my front door and as high as my house. The pricks from the state kept telling me my house will still be the same distance from the road as before. And yes it would of been except it would of been out 25 ft and up 60 feet. I said up theirs. I say to all those poor people with flags at the front door, fight, fight them hard. Its not easy but dont give in.

Arista

Listen the state didnt want to buy my house either, I had to fight with them for the longest time. The road was going to be about 25 feet from my front door and as high as my house. The pricks from the state kept telling me my house will still be the same distance from the road as before. And yes it would of been except it would of been out 25 ft and up 60 feet. I said up theirs. I say to all those poor people with flags at the front door, fight, fight them hard. Its not easy but dont give in.
That sucks. Are the elevating the entire road or just down there in the flood zone? I saw the plans, but when you're looking at a 2-D drawing, it's a little hard to picture it all.

Supposedly, the road isn't coming any closer to my back door than it is now. The State bought some of that land back behind me, but they're using it for a drain field or something (???). I do know that I won't be able to make a left turn out of or into my neighborhood once all is said and done. Not a big deal, but I'm more concerned about the increase in traffic. The State set up noise monitoring devices in my back yard at one point to monitor the traffic noise. Personally, I'm used to the noise, but what's it going to be like when there are more cars travelling down the road? Little skeered.

Again, I'm really glad it all worked out for you.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Good for you, Bailey! :clap:

Sorry you had to go through all that, but it sounds like it all turned out well in the end.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
That sucks. Are the elevating the entire road or just down there in the flood zone? I saw the plans, but when you're looking at a 2-D drawing, it's a little hard to picture it all.

Supposedly, the road isn't coming any closer to my back door than it is now. The State bought some of that land back behind me, but they're using it for a drain field or something (???). I do know that I won't be able to make a left turn out of or into my neighborhood once all is said and done. Not a big deal, but I'm more concerned about the increase in traffic. The State set up noise monitoring devices in my back yard at one point to monitor the traffic noise. Personally, I'm used to the noise, but what's it going to be like when there are more cars travelling down the road? Little skeered.

Again, I'm really glad it all worked out for you.

Besides adding 2 more lanes, there will be sidewalks and bikepaths on both sides with an 18 ft median strip in the middle. There will also be 5 stop lights. down by my house where the little bridge is, they will be bringing the road in some and raising it 10 ft there. supposdly raising road so wildlife can go under and not over. no one told the idiots that deer cant read. In 14 yrs i lived there only 3 deer to my knowledge have been hit. to me that doesnt warrant all that work. The increase in traffic will be horrendous but the traffic light should slow them down.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Good for you, Bailey! :clap:

Sorry you had to go through all that, but it sounds like it all turned out well in the end.

Yea, I guess it all worked out excep that now I dont get to fish every weekend, I mean what good is life if your not fishing. And they made me move 1 freaking week before my birthday which really sucked. But thanks for the warm wishes.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm excited about the road revamp. I'm back off Chancellor's Run so the state won't be moving me out any time soon, but it will be nice to walk to the park and not have to drive. Plus people walk those roads at night and you don't see them until you're right up on them.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

I'm excited about the road revamp. I'm back off Chancellor's Run so the state won't be moving me out any time soon, but it will be nice to walk to the park and not have to drive. Plus people walk those roads at night and you don't see them until you're right up on them.

huh. How about that? All along I thought you were one of the Town Creek folks :coffee:

:lol: