baseball camps

IrishGirl

Just wondering if any one has ever worked with The Baseball Factory, Under Armour National Tryouts, etc.? My son was selected for one of their training camps and we are just trying to gather info on whether it's legitimate, worthwhile, etc.

cdsulhoff

Just wondering if any one has ever worked with The Baseball Factory, Under Armour National Tryouts, etc.? My son was selected for one of their training camps and we are just trying to gather info on whether it's legitimate, worthwhile, etc.

Just out of curiosity, how did they pick your son? did they come to a school, or does he belong to a travel team?

This is for high school age right?

IrishGirl

Just out of curiosity, how did they pick your son? did they come to a school, or does he belong to a travel team?

This is for high school age right?

Yes this is for high school age. He went to a Under Armour National tryout for an evaluation and got offered the spot

IrishGirl

Whew. Got a lil nervous....thought you were a stalker or something. But fyi - my son's in high school so he is not too young

thurley42

HY;FR
It's a great chance for your son to not only get some coaching, but it helps get his name out there and he'll get some looks from colleges/scouts. All it takes is one great play to get your name in the back of a scouts head.

If you like spending big bucks...

go for it. Speaking from experience with both these groups (you are aware that one works with the other, aren't you?), if you are willing to keep pumping dollars to them, they're willing to keep telling you what they think you want to hear. We have a friend who gave BB Factory probably close to $35-40K over the past 4 years, and there isn't any major college knocking on their door with scholarship bucks. There are a couple places in SoMD that hold clinics. Billy Johnson in Benedict did conduct private hitting instruction (highly regarded) and you don't have to mortgage the home. Ask around.

cdsulhoff

If your son is good enough for scouts the coach should be sending in tapes to the scouts! and you don't need to put out alot of money for broken promises if somdforever is right. You need to talk to his coach if he is on a high school team!

thurley42

HY;FR
go for it. Speaking from experience with both these groups (you are aware that one works with the other, aren't you?), if you are willing to keep pumping dollars to them, they're willing to keep telling you what they think you want to hear. We have a friend who gave BB Factory probably close to $35-40K over the past 4 years, and there isn't any major college knocking on their door with scholarship bucks. There are a couple places in SoMD that hold clinics. Billy Johnson in Benedict did conduct private hitting instruction (highly regarded) and you don't have to mortgage the home. Ask around.

Sorry, different era, different area. The ones I went to in high school ten years ago in Ohio and Indiana were invite only and you didn't pay.