Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
The Calvert County Division of Emergency Management uses CodeRED, an emergency telephone notification system, to contact County residents in the event of an emergency situation. This system allows hundreds of telephones per minute, to be called with a recorded message that provides vital information. When an emergency arises, those impacted by the event are called using identified lists such as residents around Calvert Cliffs or Cove Point, geographical areas such as residents on a particular road or a radius for events such as missing persons. CodeRED has been used to inform and update residents about power outages, missing persons, weather information, water and sewer service disruption, and gas line breaks.

To sign up
Go to the County’s homepage, Calvert County, and click on the CodeRED Residential Data Collection Registration Form link. You can also call the Emergency Management Office at 410-535-1600 x2638 to register. Emergency Management personnel also participate in many public awareness events to promote CodeRED and register citizens.

In order to successfully reach residents during power outages, it is recommended that you have at least one plug-in, non-portable phone in your home. Emergency Management staff use CodeRED to provide updates and broadcast emergency information such as warming center locations and shelter activations. Emergency Management staff recommends that all citizens register cell phone numbers as well as home and work numbers to ensure they are notified of an incident even if they are not at home.

R

RadioPatrol

CodeRED has been used to inform and update residents about power outages, missing persons, weather information, water and sewer service disruption, and gas line breaks.

In order to successfully reach residents during power outages, it is recommended that you have at least one plug-in, non-portable phone in your home. /QUOTE]

:confused:

If your standing in the dark with a candle aren't the chances good that you already know that there is a power outage ....

ok I am an ass ........... :razz:

C

CalvertNewbie

The Calvert County Division of Emergency Management uses CodeRED, an emergency telephone notification system, to contact County residents in the event of an emergency situation. This system allows hundreds of telephones per minute, to be called with a recorded message that provides vital information. When an emergency arises, those impacted by the event are called using identified lists such as residents around Calvert Cliffs or Cove Point, geographical areas such as residents on a particular road or a radius for events such as missing persons. CodeRED has been used to inform and update residents about power outages, missing persons, weather information, water and sewer service disruption, and gas line breaks.

To sign up
Go to the County’s homepage, Calvert County, and click on the CodeRED Residential Data Collection Registration Form link. You can also call the Emergency Management Office at 410-535-1600 x2638 to register. Emergency Management personnel also participate in many public awareness events to promote CodeRED and register citizens.

In order to successfully reach residents during power outages, it is recommended that you have at least one plug-in, non-portable phone in your home. Emergency Management staff use CodeRED to provide updates and broadcast emergency information such as warming center locations and shelter activations. Emergency Management staff recommends that all citizens register cell phone numbers as well as home and work numbers to ensure they are notified of an incident even if they are not at home.

Hey Sharon,

I wonder if you know the answer to this? A couple of weeks ago, we came home & checked the caller ID as always. We saw a call had come in as "code red, 911" but there was no message left. Of course, being fairly new to SOMD we weren't sure what this meant (although my mind certainly began to wonder!). I called the Calvert County Sheriff's office to see if someone had escaped from the jail or if there was a foot pursuit nearby or who knows what else??!! They said that they had gotten a few calls that night from other residents who saw the same thing on their caller ID's but they assured me that there had not been a code red for any reason. Any ideas as to why this would have happened?

Just curious - thanks!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Hey Sharon,

I wonder if you know the answer to this? A couple of weeks ago, we came home & checked the caller ID as always. We saw a call had come in as "code red, 911" but there was no message left. Of course, being fairly new to SOMD we weren't sure what this meant (although my mind certainly began to wonder!). I called the Calvert County Sheriff's office to see if someone had escaped from the jail or if there was a foot pursuit nearby or who knows what else??!! They said that they had gotten a few calls that night from other residents who saw the same thing on their caller ID's but they assured me that there had not been a code red for any reason. Any ideas as to why this would have happened?

Just curious - thanks!
Depending on who you talked to that person may not have known or it could've been a glitch.

The only thing that comes to mind is that you have to actually answer the phone and it won't leave a recording. I don't know if that's true or not as I've never signed up. I went to do it after posting this but their site link (where you add your contact info) is not secure so I didn't fill it out. I know most people don't care but I never give out my info unsecured for surveys, coupons, whatever, etc...