HELP!!! New Betta fish

4thegirls

Hey Guys - got a new betta fish yesterday, I put him in a tank with filter and well water that I bought the betta conditioner for but he does not swim much! He is in the corners or by the top all the time.

Did I do something wrong?

Cowgirl

Hey Guys - got a new betta fish yesterday, I put him in a tank with filter and well water that I bought the betta conditioner for but he does not swim much! He is in the corners or by the top all the time.

They don't swim much. :shrug:

T

toppick08

:nono:

Should have got the Mo' Betta species.

:lol:

Kittykat33

Why me??

Did you get a male or female Betta? We have a male and he loves to swim!! Is it in there by itself?

Katt

Betta's are surface breathers so they tend to stay near the surface to gulp air. The prefer 80 degree water, if it's too cold, they'll get sick and die on ya. Oh, don't put another one in there either. ;-)

Ladybug76

Betta's are surface breathers so they tend to stay near the surface to gulp air. The prefer 80 degree water, if it's too cold, they'll get sick and die on ya. Oh, don't put another one in there either. ;-)

We got three last week (each had its' own bowl). One didn't make it past three days. She wouldn't eat at all, so I am guessing she wasn't healthy to begin with. Ended up getting a goldfish to replace that one since they just seem hardier and I didn't feel like doing another fish funeral. The Betta's just seem to lurk around, but the boys sure love them.