Trivia Question

backagain39

I am watching an old show called Leave it to Beaver and there is a different Ward (the dad) and a different Wally (Beaver's brother). It's an episode about winning a bike with bottle caps that they didn't actually win because a couple of kids that Wally knows told Beaver about the contest which they made up.

Anyway I can't find any infor about these two different actors.....

Anyone have any info?.......just curious

I did notice that on one website that the number of episodes for these two regular actors is one less than the rest of the cast.......so maybe the regulars were sick?????

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I am watching an old show called Leave it to Beaver and there is a different Ward (the dad) and a different Wally (Beaver's brother). It's an episode about winning a bike with bottle caps that they didn't actually win because a couple of kids that Wally knows told Beaver about the contest which they made up.
Anyway I can't find any infor about these two different actors.....

Anyone have any info?.......just curious

I did notice that on one website that the number of episodes for these two regular actors is one less than the rest of the cast.......so maybe the regulars were sick?????

Probably that asshat Eddie Hascal...

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
It was the pilot.

It's A Small World (Leave It To Beaver Pilot)
According to the book, "And Jerry Mathers As The Beaver", Paul Sullivan's heighth had increased too much during the summer to play Wally and the part went to Tony Dow. It was felt Casey Adams was not right for the Ward Cleaver character and Hugh Beaumont got that part. It was felt Harry Shearer was not right for the Eddie Haskell character and the role went to Ken Osmond.

tipsymcgee

They show a Three's Company pilot now and then that has a different Chrissy and Janet. They are both pretty horrible actresses. Eddie Haskell is one of the great TV smartasses of all time.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
They show a Three's Company pilot now and then that has a different Chrissy and Janet. They are both pretty horrible actresses. Eddie Haskell is one of the great TV smartasses of all time.

I wouldn't mind seeing that.

A lot of shows switched characters up quite a bit back then. Today, they would rather make a character disappear than replace them. I don't like that. I will take a replacement over no longer existing on the show any day.