US Trucker's may go on strike !

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
US Truckers are planning a convoy from PA to the Nations Captial within two weeks their cry for help is due to rising fuel cost. This will be one of the first steps before they go on strike.Other steps may include driving 5mph under the posted speed to start grid locks and taking off one work day per week.
:popcorn:

bcp

In My Opinion
good for them.
between the tax and the greed there is plenty of room to shave the price.

even if not for the rest of us, they should have affordable fuel to do their job.

T

toppick08

If those trucks stop, we all will be hit hard............

johnjrval424

US Truckers are planning a convoy from PA to the Nations Captial within two weeks their cry for help is due to rising fuel cost. This will be one of the first steps before they go on strike.Other steps may include driving 5mph under the posted speed to start grid locks and taking off one work day per week.
:popcorn:

Didn't the truckers go on strike once before? Late 70's I think?

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
If those trucks stop, we all will be hit hard............

That's true but those guy have to do something....Some of those trucks will hold 200 gallons of fuel....At $4.00+ a gallon, that gets expensive...I know it is eventually going to be passed down to us....

T

toppick08

That's true but those guy have to do something....Some of those trucks will hold 200 gallons of fuel....At $4.00+ a gallon, that gets expensive...I know it is eventually going to be passed down to us....

:buddies:

No, I agree, I'm all for the truckers. Worked with them for years.

They have one of the hardest and most unappreciated jobs in the country.

I was just stating how important they are to us all.........

onebdzee

off the shelf
Didn't the truckers go on strike once before? Late 70's I think?

The last time I remember them doing this was early 90's....word went around quick on the roads between the drivers....a couple of them called some of the radio stations and announced it also

I was working for a moving company at the time and ended up half-way across the WW bridge when I shut my truck down for that hour

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Figure...

...about $.75 per mile, JUST for fuel. That doesn't include insurance, truck payments or the drivers profit.

TimAllen

The last time I remember them doing this was early 90's....word went around quick on the roads between the drivers....a couple of them called some of the radio stations and announced it also

I was working for a moving company at the time and ended up half-way across the WW bridge when I shut my truck down for that hour

We should all join them, everyone in the US take a day off work....to "conserve fuel" :buddies:

T

toppick08

When I was driving, the highest salary I made was right around $41k for the year....but, in order to make that I was working on average 14-16 hours a day, 6 days a week

Flatbed , Reefer, or Box.....??

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And...

When I was driving, the highest salary I made was right around $41k for the year....but, in order to make that I was working on average 14-16 hours a day, 6 days a week

...you were perpetually exhausted, living in a trance like state of caffeine, nicotine, horrible food, would talk to ANYBODY about ANYTHING any chance you got and the truck always needed to have routine maintenance put off for yet one more run.

Brutal life.

onebdzee

off the shelf
Flatbed , Reefer, or Box.....??

I made that $41k dragging around a dump trailer and/or stick trailer(log trailer to the ones who don't know what this is)

I got out of vans and flatbeds when I got out of moving

I haven't drug around a reefer since I quit SuperValu....I didn't like doing this one, the reefers are a pain in the ass