2008 DC101 Chili Cookoff!

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
:yahoo:

Saturday, May 10, at the City Center Lot, 11th & New York Avenue, NW, where the Convention Center used to be...

Lineup includes:
Deaf Pedestrians
Chevelle
Finger 11
Seether
Live
Staind

& the winner of DC101's "Last Band Standing Contest."

Tickets are $30 - $40, and go on sale April 4 at 10 AM through Ticketmaster.

Kittykat33

Why me??

Saturday, May 10, at the City Center Lot, 11th & New York Avenue, NW, where the Convention Center used to be...

Lineup includes:
Deaf Pedestrians
Chevelle
Finger 11
Seether
Live
Staind

I am so excited!!!! Last years was really good too. I was late coming into work cause I was in my car listening to the line up:lmao:

K

kris31280

Is it really worth going?

I've been to two outdoor festival thingies... one was a 3 day camp out of wild crazy drunkeness and other illicit substances floating around and the other was Ribfest which showcased older artists (Pat Benatar, Richard Marx) and had decent food but wasn't really all that great.

kelb

art imitating life

Lineup includes:
Deaf Pedestrians
Chevelle
Finger 11
Seether
Live
Staind

ILL SOOOO BE THERE!

ChiliBillie92

Yea...is it really worth going to one of these things? I mean, honestly, how much chili can one person eat in a day? It would be a very unpleasant night I would think!

MrX

High Octane
It sucked this year, line to get in was entirely too long, line for everything once inside was also entirely too long.

rundonnierun

I wanted to go to this. How was it? I wanted to check out Deaf Pedestrians since I like that Geek song. I wanted to see who actually went to the Chili Cookoff.

MrX

High Octane
I wanted to go to this. How was it? I wanted to check out Deaf Pedestrians since I like that Geek song. I wanted to see who actually went to the Chili Cookoff.

Read my post above yours.... I was there. It sucked...unless you got there extremely early and didnt plan to eat, drink, or go to the bathroom. Spent the majority of the day standing in a line for one thing or another. Way worse than last year.

rundonnierun

Read my post above yours.... I was there. It sucked...unless you got there extremely early and didnt plan to eat, drink, or go to the bathroom. Spent the majority of the day standing in a line for one thing or another. Way worse than last year.

Sorry...I realized it after I posted this. That sucks things were that messed up. Maybe it was a good thing I didn't go after all. Hopefully they'll learn and make it better. I'm sure you weren't the only one that was pissed about the organization of the event.

MrX

High Octane
Sorry...I realized it after I posted this. That sucks things were that messed up. Maybe it was a good thing I didn't go after all. Hopefully they'll learn and make it better. I'm sure you weren't the only one that was pissed about the organization of the event.

Im sure I wasnt either, there were quite a few people that were unhappy about the way things were disorganized. The same show one year earlier ran much smoother, im not sure why the change but it wasnt for the better.

rundonnierun

Im sure I wasnt either, there were quite a few people that were unhappy about the way things were disorganized. The same show one year earlier ran much smoother, im not sure why the change but it wasnt for the better.

Outside of the way the show ran, were any of the bands any good? I saw a bunch of video clips on YouTube from the show, like Seether, Finger Eleven and Deaf Pedestrians. Just wondering if you saw any of the bands. That sucks the show was that badly organized.

MrX

High Octane
Outside of the way the show ran, were any of the bands any good? I saw a bunch of video clips on YouTube from the show, like Seether, Finger Eleven and Deaf Pedestrians. Just wondering if you saw any of the bands. That sucks the show was that badly organized.

Chevelle was good, they were one of the few bands I saw, I was standing in line the majority of the time. Im not a Finger Eleven fan, so I wasnt concerned with seeing them. Didnt see Seether, Staind at all. Deaf Pedestrians played their entire set while I was standing in line to get in, as did the Blackjacks.

rundonnierun

Chevelle was good, they were one of the few bands I saw, I was standing in line the majority of the time. Im not a Finger Eleven fan, so I wasnt concerned with seeing them. Didnt see Seether, Staind at all. Deaf Pedestrians played their entire set while I was standing in line to get in, as did the Blackjacks.

That always sucks when you're stuck in food and restroom lines while the bands play. Venues purposely do that so they sucker you to buy more food and drinks, and then suffer over the restroom deal.

That's cool you got to see Chevelle at least. I haven't seen them live in a while. Again it's probably a good thing I missed it.