where is the best place you ever lived?

2ballscrewball

Where is the best place you ever lived?

I am looking for a retirement city for my possible retirement in 4 years.

It has to be outside of the DC metro area, it has to not have the violence and hostility of the DC metro area.

B

Bronwyn

It has to be outside of the DC metro area, it has to not have the violence and hostility of the DC metro area.

Frederick County is nice. Still close enough to DC, but out in the country and farm land. :yay:

itsbob

I bowl overhand

The place i came from before here is PERFECT for retirement. Ultra low cost of living.. House can still be had for 50K... low tax rate... Cheap labor if you need someone to mow your yard or clean your pool.

Great place to live if you like the outdoors. Fantastic fly fishing, bike and hiking trails. Rivers streams, national and state parks nearby..

Look at NW PA. Titusville, Oil City, Franklin area, a little South East of Erie.

morningbell

hmmmmmm

Bucks County, PA :yahoo: Doylestown/New Hope/Buckingham area

Pandora

The place i came from before here is PERFECT for retirement. Ultra low cost of living.. House can still be had for 50K... low tax rate... Cheap labor if you need someone to mow your yard or clean your pool.

Great place to live if you like the outdoors. Fantastic fly fishing, bike and hiking trails. Rivers streams, national and state parks nearby..

Look at NW PA. Titusville, Oil City, Franklin area, a little South East of Erie.

Titusville PA? You are kidding, really, Titusville? Small world. When I mention Titusville to somebody they are clueless. I have family in Titusville, Florida and Titusville, PA., somewhat ironic. It is a very small town in PA but a beautiful area. Bring a snow blower if you move there, 2balls and check the taxes, I heard they were rather high.

You wouldn't have happened to have had Nationwide Insurance while you lived there bob?

Another vote for me for NW PA.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Look at an election map. Find the red states. Pick one. Just stay away from any major metropolitan areas.

Blue states tend to have social programs that encourage crime and high taxes. I'm considering Texas for my retirement.

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
Memphis Tenn. Although I loved Va. Beach too. But once away from that traffic, I don't want to go back there.

Memphis, In a heart beat. We still have many friends there.

Although my best friend lives in Charlotte NC, I and love it there too..........

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Best place I have lived was San Diego, CA.

One of the quietest placest was Marion, Alabama. Very nice homes and people were polite.