Seafood

jeneisen

Indy Bound
I don't know if there are any around here but if you are ever in the VA Beach or Williamsburg area try Captain Johns. It is the best seafood buffet I have ever seen.

http

Originally posted by cariblue
Does Lighthouse still put out a buffet?

Never knew they did. Was there back in March, and they was no buffet, at least for Friday dinner.

So Carolina, when you say buffet are you talking Sunday Brunch buffets? Or all you can eat at the table or what?

For Sunday brunch, down here there's the Rod N Reel and Soloman's Pier for starters. I only give either of them 2/5 stars though.

The best Sunday brunch buffets believe it or not, are still in the City. Phillips in DC still the best to me, and I assume Phillips in Annapolis is the same. My next favorite is Potomac Landing, just north of Old Town.

If you're just talking about just plain ole all-you-can-eat, check out Evans at Tall Timbers.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I thought they did a buffet on Thursday's, although I have never been either.

Toxick

Splat
Re: Re: Seafood

I can think of two.

I always liked Chesapeake Bay Seafood House, in Waldorf. Not really a Buffet, but all you can eat, and I like it.

And The Maryland Way restaraunt in the Holiday Inn in Solomons has a good seafood buffet. Alaskan King crab legs, Seafood Newburg, plus they got Chicken and that stuff. I wish they had crabcakes, and that sort of thing, but it's still good.

SxyPrincess

Re: Re: Re: Seafood

Originally posted by Toxick
I can think of two.

I always liked Chesapeake Bay Seafood House, in Waldorf. Not really a Buffet, but all you can eat, and I like it.

When's the last time you went, dude? It's been buffet-style for quite a while, but you're still able to order dishes from the menu.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Originally posted by http
Phillips in DC still the best to me, and I assume Phillips in Annapolis is the same.

Not sure bout Phillips in Annapolis, but I work right up the hill from the DC Phillips and everyone I work with avoids it like the plague. The 2 times I have had to go there for a work function, it has been terrible, indifferent waiters/waitresses, bland food, cold food. I went once to the Phillips in the Inner Harbor yrs ago and thought the food terrible. It has not been the same since they got into francaising (spelling?)....

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Seafood

Originally posted by SxyPrincess
When's the last time you went, dude? It's been buffet-style for quite a while You DumbA$$, but you're still able to order dishes from the menu.
You are not being very nice.

J

justhangn

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Seafood

Originally posted by DoWhat
You are not being very nice.
Oh but she's very nice when she's
devil-smiley-032.gif

tipsy mcgee

Always thirsty
The one in Williamsburg/VA Beach is Captain George's, not John's, I believe. And it is the best if you're ever around. Buffet of everything seafood, including soft shells. Phillip's anywhere is the most overrated seafood restaurant, IMO. Captain John's is near Cobb Island and I think they have different all you can eat specials, but not buffet.

Went to Chesapeake Bay Seafood House in 'dorf for my anniversary. Had the a.y.c.e. BIG MISTAKE. It was not very good 1 out of 10 stars. Hush Puppies were still good.

Toxick

Splat
Re: Re: Re: Re: Seafood

Originally posted by SxyPrincess
When's the last time you went, dude? It's been buffet-style for quite a while, but you're still able to order dishes from the menu.

I went there... about a month, month and half ago.

They had a buffet there, but there was not much seafood up there on the buffet. Just chicken, roast beef, potatoes, and that kind of thing, up there that I remember. Well... maybe they had shrimp and the standard sea-foodstuffs that you can get at any buffet.

Definitely, nothing like crablegs or scallops. If you wanted the good seafood, you had to order it over and over, with your portions getting smaller and smaller with each delivery :ohwell:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by otter
It has not been the same since they got into francaising (spelling?)....

Since when did speaking French have anything to do with the quality of a seafood restaurant??? (sorry sweetie, I couldn't resist)

The only Phillips that was any good was the original which was/is around 24th Street in Ocean City.

Seafood buffets in my opinion tend to be crappy and don't really have the good-quality seafood on them, at least anywhere around here. I think Chesapeake Bay Seafood House serves a version of Ms. Paul's...or it sure seems that way to me.

http

Originally posted by cattitude
Since when did speaking French have anything to do with the quality of a seafood restaurant??? (sorry sweetie, I couldn't resist)

The only Phillips that was any good was the original which was/is around 24th Street in Ocean City.

Seafood buffets in my opinion tend to be crappy and don't really have the good-quality seafood on them, at least anywhere around here. I think Chesapeake Bay Seafood House serves a version of Ms. Paul's...or it sure seems that way to me.

You both are correct in my mind. I didn't say they were 5 star restaurants, but more IF you ABSOLUTELY are looking for BUFFETs in this area (which is what was originally asked) then Phillips could be on your list; and not necessarily because of the service and taste, but because they actually do have a lot of seafood to choose from. I'm not a buffet person myself, and I'd still put them over Rod n Reel and Solomon's Pier, not that that's saying much.

Originally posted by cattitude
I think Chesapeake Bay Seafood House serves a version of Ms. Paul's...or it sure seems that way to me.
Yeah, the version that Ms. Paul's is too ashamed to put their name on.