Speed Trap

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
in Calvert on 4 going on right now. Not exactly sure where they are located but they are racking up some vehicles. Slow down, especially if you are heading out soon.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
are there still residential homes on that stretch of road?

There are only a few driveways on Rt. 4 that actually go right on to 4 mostly neighborhood entrances now. Like I said I am not exactly sure where they are operating but they are pulling over a vehicle every couple of minutes.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Last week they had a cop sitting under a road sign in a chair dressed in camo. With the shade from the trees you could not see the person until you were RIGHT there wondering what the heck was sitting there. Then when you went around the corner their were 5 cops pulling everyone over.

Yeah I saw it, they had a female on the top of the hill on the north bound side doing the same. They pull that every couple of months or so by flagponds.

bcp

In My Opinion
TY, for useless post 10,300, I am guessing you had 4 good ones in there somewhere.
Why is that useless information? it seems that some people dont understand that concept.

I have given permission for the police to use my driveway to hide in during the day to run their speed "traps"

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Why is that useless information? it seems that some people dont understand that concept.

I have given permission for the police to use my driveway to hide in during the day to run their speed "traps"

That is great, what would you like to call them then, if not "trap"?

The goal is go get people to slow down, maybe someone reads this post and not only avoids a speeding tciket, but also avoids wrecking and killing themselves or someone else.

bcp

In My Opinion
That is great, what would you like to call them then, if not "trap"?

The goal is go get people to slow down, maybe someone reads this post and not only avoids a speeding tciket, but also avoids wrecking and killing themselves or someone else.
the goal here not unlike the flashing of lights to warn speeders of their impending doom, is to get them to slow down for a short distance to save them from the ticket.

I dont flash, However, I have on more than one occasion been guilty of speeding in many places.

for some, the ticket is a constant reminder.

AndyMarquisLIVE

I would to, but the police don't seem that interested in stopping people on Western and Hamilton.

Someone's gonna die on that Western/Acton intersection. They didn't think things through on there and they STILL have the turn lanes blocked off.

AndyMarquisLIVE

Wouldn't go that far, unless your talking about checkpoints.

These guys are scrictly targeting speeders today.
You're telling this to a guy that was pulled over for no good reason.

I didn't break any laws or get any citation or warnings. I was strictly pulled over because the cop thought I should be in school.

Now, this doesn't happen to everybody. I was just lucky. :lmao:

But that's where I learned they don't have to have a reason.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
the goal here not unlike the flashing of lights to warn speeders of their impending doom, is to get them to slow down for a short distance to save them from the ticket.

I dont flash, However, I have on more than one occasion been guilty of speeding in many places.

for some, the ticket is a constant reminder.

No, I said I did not know where it was at, so that means anyone on RT. 4 could be subject to this "speeding enforcement effort"

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
You're telling this to a guy that was pulled over for no good reason.

I didn't break any laws or get any citation or warnings. I was strictly pulled over because the cop thought I should be in school.

Now, this doesn't happen to everybody. I was just lucky. :lmao:

But that's where I learned they don't have to have a reason.

Right, but by law they need a reason, even if it isn't all that good one. Not saying that you "not being in school" falls in tha category.