Racisim...(copy'd from another forum)

E

(((echo)))

Why are whites the only ones labeled as racists?

There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab mericans, Native Americans, etc.....And then there are just -Americans.

You pass whites on the street
and sneer in their direction.

You Call whites,'White boy," 'Cracker", ' 'Honkey", ''Whitey,"' '"Caveman,"

....And that's OK.

But when whites call you the "N" word, Kike, Towel head, Sand-n'r, Camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink,

....You call whites racist.

You have the United Negro College Fund.

You have Hispanic History Month.

You have Martin Luther King Day.

You have Asian History Month.

You have Black History Month.

You have Cesar Chavez Day.

You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.

You have Yom Hashoah.

You have Kawanza.

You have the NAACP.

And you have BET.

If whites had "WET" (White Entertainment Television)

....whites would be racists.

If there was a white Pride Day

....You would call them racists.

If there was White History Month

....It would be racist.

If there was any organizationfor only whites to 'advance' OUR lives,

....It would be racists.

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce,
and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce.

If there was a college fund that only gave white students scholarships .

....You know it would be racists.

There are over 60 openly-proclaimed Black-only Colleges in the US,
yet if there were even one 'White-only College

....THAT would be a racist college.

In the Million-Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights.

If whites marched for their race and rights,

....You would call them racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and red, and you're not afraid to announce it.

But when whites announce their white pride

....You call them racists.

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us.

But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug-dealer who is running from the LAW and posing a threat to ALL of society.

....You call him a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists?

rotgut

that is because blacks are cry babies who want everything given to them without earning a thing. this will be the case forever.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
You know... anyone who posts that they agree with this will now be considered a racist. But I agree. Whites have been programmed to not celebrate being white. Personally, I don't think about "being white" much. The only time I notice it is at work because I am the only white person out of about 20 people who work here. I kind of stand out in a crowd.:ohwell: I grew up in a mostly white neighborhood and live now in a mostly white neighborhood. Does that make me a racist too because of it? I hope not.

bcp

In My Opinion
just a warning, some threads are best left to the other forums.

before this gets out of hand, and it will, consider if you want SOMD to continue being the basically good place to post.

C6R_Mag

i think most races are more racist than white, whites just happened to be a bit more organized about it. lol. whites have been programmed to be tolerable. slavery has been around since the beginning of human time and whites just got the bad end of the deal because people are still trying to get something out of whiteys. we let japan and germany off the hook already and that was less than 70 years ago.

im not racist, but i do hold some prejudice, as with anybody. i hate the fact that one race is put down to allow the others to come up.

...i say, i guess whites are the bigger man here and are just letting it go while others will hold on to it forever. if other races truly feel that whites have too much because they are white and not because they worked for it...so be it. it's their lack of pride and low self-esteem that lets them believe that.

If there was a college fund that only gave white students scholarships .

...called an academic scholarship.

..cracker

slaves called whites crackers because of the "crack" of a whip. something they just hold over their own heads. i think when i get called a cracker somone is just puttin gthemselves down. :lmao:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Just a thought or two:

When this country was founded, nearly 400 years ago, our forefathers apparently felt that they could not settle and work the land without the use of slave labor.

The largest portion of that slave labor was transported to our shores by sailing ships from all over Africa. Of course, we also brought in many other groups, from Europe, Asia, the Middle East and elsewheres. If you finished high school, even took some college courses, you should know the rest of the story.

IMO, we are still paying the price for those mistakes we made, early in our founding history.

Question is - which ethnic group is still whacking our society - as a whole for
them?

Other nations employed slave labor in their pasts, are they being hammered the same way our's is?

Tina2001aniT

My daughter is in fourth grade and has a kid in her class that has only been here for a couple months, he came from DC, he throws the race card EVERY chance he gets.
He and another boy (white) had an argument in class, the teacher was told and one of the girls in the class (also white) defended the other boy to the teacher. How does said kid respond?? "Why is it that the white kids only stick up for the white kids and the black kids don't stick up for the blacks?"
He was being mean to my daughter so she wouldn't let him play with her to which he responded "You are racist, You just won't play with me because I am black, you are a racist"
urgggg......

wmburdette

9/11 - Never Forget!
There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab mericans,
Why not just be concerned about people who were born here and not worry about the immigrants from Africa, Mexico, Asia, and Arabia. ...by the way, I was born in America of parents who were born in America and I am, by definition, a native American. but I am not an Indian.

Gigi22

I am glad you were brave enough to print what I think alot of people think.. But, are afraid to voice. You cannot say anything like this. Because if you do that is the first thing that is said... It is a real shame....Just my opinion...

Hessian

Of the Millions enslaved

from Africa Between 1500-1840...
What precentage came to North America (ie: British/Dutch Colonies & USA?)
(I am always interested in people's estimates...)
NOT allowed to look this up on the WWW....
Go ahead: Post your estimate...

C6R_Mag

My daughter is in fourth grade and has a kid in her class that has only been here for a couple months, he came from DC, he throws the race card EVERY chance he gets.
He and another boy (white) had an argument in class, the teacher was told and one of the girls in the class (also white) defended the other boy to the teacher. How does said kid respond?? "Why is it that the white kids only stick up for the white kids and the black kids don't stick up for the blacks?"
He was being mean to my daughter so she wouldn't let him play with her to which he responded "You are racist, You just won't play with me because I am black, you are a racist"
urgggg......

These kids are raised to believe this and learn the junk from their parents. it will never go away. :doh:

Mateo

You know... anyone who posts that they agree with this will now be considered a racist. But I agree. Whites have been programmed to not celebrate being white. Personally, I don't think about "being white" much. The only time I notice it is at work because I am the only white person out of about 20 people who work here. I kind of stand out in a crowd.:ohwell: I grew up in a mostly white neighborhood and live now in a mostly white neighborhood. Does that make me a racist too because of it? I hope not.
You live where you feel comfortable and no, it doesn't make you a racist. If there are those with problems with that, then they obviously feel uncomfortable with their own feelings and want everyone else to feel a collective sense of guilt to assuage those feelings.:yay:

Mateo

Why not just be concerned about people who were born here and not worry about the immigrants from Africa, Mexico, Asia, and Arabia. ...by the way, I was born in America of parents who were born in America and I am, by definition, a native American. but I am not an Indian.
I agree.
While I was born in the Philippines, I have a strong Iberian heritage( two of my granduncles fought on the republican side in the Spanish Civil War in 1936)but it was my father's desire when we came here in the early 50's to set aside the old heritage and start a new tradition in this country. Hence he forbade use of the old language and we fervently learned English as our primary tongue.
Though my siblings and I have learned several languages in the interim, we think not of ourselves as hyphenated, but as Americans alone. The only times national origin comes up is when others bring it up, some not so diplomatically.
I am sad for what is happening in the old country, but I am more concerned with what happens here. This is where I live, and it is more important to me that we repair what needs fixing here before we go out in the world to "rectify" things . To me, it is just an inane excuse not to make things proper for all Americans , not just a chosen few.

Mateo

urgggg......
When I brought my first house, I was out mowing the lawn, when a black person came up to me and asked to talk to the owner of the house. When I responded that I was, he looked at me sheepishly and then said" Sorry, I thought you were just the grounds keeper".
Yes, I was offended, but considered the source.
I hope your daughter is well, but unfortunately, this is a hard scrabble lesson she had to learn.

Dork

Highlander's MPD
that is because blacks are cry babies who want everything given to them without earning a thing. this will be the case forever.

Not all blacks fit this category. I've known quite a few that are hardworking people that I have no problem calling my friends. One of my best friends is black. But you've basically hit the nail right on the head. Too many of them are being raised to blame the white guy, milk the system, etc.

C6R_Mag

I agree.
While I was born in the Philippines, I have a strong Iberian heritage( two of my granduncles fought on the republican side in the Spanish Civil War in 1936)but it was my father's desire when we came here in the early 50's to set aside the old heritage and start a new tradition in this country. Hence he forbade use of the old language and we fervently learned English as our primary tongue.
Though my siblings and I have learned several languages in the interim, we think not of ourselves as hyphenated, but as Americans alone. The only times national origin comes up is when others bring it up, some not so diplomatically.
I am sad for what is happening in the old country, but I am more concerned with what happens here. This is where I live, and it is more important to me that we repair what needs fixing here before we go out in the world to "rectify" things . To me, it is just an inane excuse not to make things proper for all Americans , not just a chosen few.

AMEN!:yay: