Pitt Bull Attack - 5 dead including 3 kids

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
We just recently moved to a home with some land. The previous owner has Boer goats and most of the nanny goats were pregnant still so we allowed them to keep their goats here until the kids were born and big enough to travel to their new home. My children love the goats and we got attached to one friendly nanny in particular who ended up having tiny sweet triplets!

A neighbor who lives about 1/2 mile away has a brindle female pit bull whom I've seen in my yard and trying to get through my pasture fence a few times and chased off. I didn't know who owned the dog then. I called the police and was basically told to shoot it since we don't have animal control way out here. I don't have a gun right now so that wasn't an option.

That mother f'n dog returned again and dug under a gate, actually leaving her collar with ID tag in the process, and massacred 5 goats including the nanny we always hand fed treats to and 2 of her 3 kids. The remaining kid is injured and being bottle fed, unsure if it will live. That dog tore out her throat and ripped her babies to shreds. :bawl:

After the corpses were buried, and the police talked to, the owner said "she is such a sweet dog" and actually appeared mystified over the event. I don't know what financial settlement will be made between the owner of the goats and the owner of the murderous pit bull but I can tell you one thing for sure. If I see that dog on my land again it's dead. A new rifle is being purchased this weekend. I've got two very small kids and two old cats and we all like to be outside, they let that dog roam again and it's history....

The view in my front pasture, some of the remaining tree kids.

Attachments

• TreeGoats3.jpg
    TreeGoats3.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 455
T

toppick08

We just recently moved to a home with some land. The previous owner has Boer goats and most of the nanny goats were pregnant still so we allowed them to keep their goats here until the kids were born and big enough to travel to their new home. My children love the goats and we got attached to one friendly nanny in particular who ended up having tiny sweet triplets!

A neighbor who lives about 1/2 mile away has a brindle female pit bull whom I've seen in my yard and trying to get through my pasture fence a few times and chased off. I didn't know who owned the dog then. I called the police and was basically told to shoot it since we don't have animal control way out here. I don't have a gun right now so that wasn't an option.

That mother f'n dog returned again and dug under a gate, actually leaving her collar with ID tag in the process, and massacred 5 goats including the nanny we always hand fed treats to and 2 of her 3 kids. The remaining kid is injured and being bottle fed, unsure if it will live. That dog tore out her throat and ripped her babies to shreds. :bawl:

After the corpses were buried, and the police talked to, the owner said "she is such a sweet dog" and actually appeared mystified over the event. I don't know what financial settlement will be made between the owner of the goats and the owner of the murderous pit bull but I can tell you one thing for sure. If I see that dog on my land again it's dead. A new rifle is being purchased this weekend. I've got two very small kids and two old cats and we all like to be outside, they let that dog roam again and it's history....

Sorry for your loss......and by every means you have the right to protect your property from a threat..........:yay:

morningbell

hmmmmmm

I love goats, they are so sweet. I'm sorry that happened. I have had pits as pets in the past and you must rule with an iron fist, I'm not saying beat them but you need to show you are alpha. Currently our neighborhod is dealing with roaming pits. I to have a child and so does my neighbor. The dogs seem to roam because the owners are not responsible plus the dogs are unaltered, hello unwanted puppies:howdy:

mingiz

Horse Poor
Sorry to hear about your loss..I also have live stock..ANY stray dog that comes on my property gets a taste of the bb gun first.If that doesn't deter it the next thing is the 22. I can't afford a large vet bill because of some else's ignorance to let thier dogs run lose...JMO:whistle:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
the owner said "she is such a sweet dog" and actually appeared mystified over the event

That's what they always say. Go get your gun. She'll be back.

W

White Buddah

Your loss , I know, is a hard one to take. I would have found a way to make sure the dog couldn't do it again. Dead dog. Hopefully the owner of the goats get enough money to buy new ones...at very least.

Pushrod

Patriot
That really stinks. A good deer rifle will make fast work of the beast if he so happens to return (which I think is inevitable).
By the way, what kind of tree is that that the goats are standing on?

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
That really stinks. A good deer rifle will make fast work of the beast if he so happens to return (which I think is inevitable).
By the way, what kind of tree is that that the goats are standing on?

A live oak, we are in Texas now. I picked out this place partly based upon the fantastic trees on it, especially around the house and yard. The trees touch over the roofline in places making it very cool and shady on hot days here. It has an enchanted forest feel to it.

WhiteBuddah, with acres of land all already fenced to keep the coyotes out I don't see what else could have been done against a determined digging dog. It dug a foot of hard compacted Texas earth out from under a gate that is only 50 feet from my back yard and the kids playset! :yikes:

Cowgirl

A live oak, we are in Texas now. I picked out this place partly based upon the fantastic trees on it, especially around the house and yard. The trees touch over the roofline in places making it very cool and shady on hot days here. It has an enchanted forest feel to it.

WhiteBuddah, with acres of land all already fenced to keep the coyotes out I don't see what else could have been done against a determined digging dog. It dug a foot of hard compacted Texas earth out from under a gate that is only 50 feet from my back yard and the kids playset! :yikes:

:huggy: I'm sorry for your loss. One word of advice, if the dog comes back, shoot it. DON'T say a word to the owner. Just remember the 3 S's...Shoot, shovel, shut up. Seriously, even though the owner was at fault, they could try to sue you and it would be a major PITA.

I hate the thought of having to shoot a dog, but any dog can cause major harm to any sheep/goat flock. If she's done it once, she'll do it again.

W

White Buddah

Cowgirl beat me to it. KILL the dog. Here boy, want some water?? It won't know it's anitfreeze. Put poison in a hot dog. If it is in fact that close to you, your family, and pets KILL it before it kills something more dear to you.

I think the dog is going to be put down by the authorties because it got the tase of blood and killed a living thing. At least that would be the humane thing to do. If not like everyone else said shoot it you have permission from the authorties.

Cowgirl

Cowgirl beat me to it. KILL the dog. Here boy, want some water?? It won't know it's anitfreeze. Put poison in a hot dog. If it is in fact that close to you, your family, and pets KILL it before it kills something more dear to you.

Um, not exactly. You can't bait the dog. :rolleyes:

sux2b44

I heart CLeValley
Where do you live that there is no animal control??? My dog has been attacked 5 times by the same 2 dogs in my yard. All 5 times the owner watched her being attacked. Animal Control has been very difficult to get them to do anything about the 2 dogs. We have to keep going to hearings and they just tell the owners not to let them do it again. I now have a gun at my front door - not a bb gun - they will be shot on site and possibly the owner as well for trespassing.

Cowgirl

Where do you live that there is no animal control??? My dog has been attacked 5 times by the same 2 dogs in my yard. All 5 times the owner watched her being attacked. Animal Control has been very difficult to get them to do anything about the 2 dogs. We have to keep going to hearings and they just tell the owners not to let them do it again. I now have a gun at my front door - not a bb gun - they will be shot on site and possibly the owner as well for trespassing.

You should put up a fence.

C

CalvertNewbie

Great to know. :sarcasm: I can't believe they won't do anything. That's absurd. What exactly is listed in their job description? I'm so tired of all these irresponsible pet owners who don't have to answer for their actions. I'd be doing the same thing as you if my dog got attacked.

C

CalvertNewbie

What a beautiful tree and goats. I'm so sorry to hear about what this evil dog did. Actually, I have to blame the owner of the dog even more than the dog because they obviously have raised it to be this way. Any dog can be trained to act as a "pet", not a wild animal. I hope your kids didn't witness any of it. I'm surprised there are no animal control officers out there. Best of luck to you and your family.