Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: There isn't a military forum...

(((echo)))

There isn't a military forum...

So i'll put this here.
    There have been many "documentaries" about carrier life and how it effects sailors all up and down the chain of command.

This one however digs a little deeper into ALL aspects of underway life, from how an E1 is stuck in the galley washing dishes during a TAD (temp assigned duty) to an officer making the mistake of while married engaging in an affair with an E3...

CARRIER . Full Episodes | PBS

Quote Originally Posted by (((echo))) View Post
    So i'll put this here.
    There have been many "documentaries" about carrier life and how it effects sailors all up and down the chain of command.

This one however digs a little deeper into ALL aspects of underway life, from how an E1 is stuck in the galley washing dishes during a TAD (temp assigned duty) to an officer making the mistake of while married engaging in an affair with an E3...

Caught a few epsisodes. Its good stuff though saw some stuff I didn't think I would ever see. The F18 driver who is desperate to get home and leaves the ship on a COD and he is in jeans! I was like "HOLY COW!". The kid that has to ask his prego GF to email him is pretty funny. Saw all that nonsense when I was out to sea. Did my time on LPH's. No computers then either. Snail mail and the occassional emergency was all we had. Of course you could do the HF thing but that was a pain.
    RIP, My Dad. I forgive you

pretty black roses
    Very interesting stuff that goes on, that's for sure.
    There is always light at the end of the tunnel no matter how dim the light may be.

So i'll put this here.

Shoot, guess I won't be watching afterall. I've witnessed enough of that garbage to last a lifetime.
    ~~ "Even if you're on the right track, you will still get run over if you just sit there" Will Rogers ~~

So i'll put this here.

We watched it the other night for the first time. Pretty interesting. Gives us non-military people a look at what its really like. My son wanted to go in the Navy, but we told him he wouldnt fit in a ship or they wouldnt have boots to fit him. He is 6'5" and wears a 16 shoe.

We have been recording it so that our boys can watch it with dad this weekend to better understand what it's like on the ship. They are both now saying they want to be in the Navy like dad, we'll see if their opinions stay that way......
    It is better to look ahead and prepare than to look back and regret. - Jackie Joyner-Kersee

Thumbs up

http://forums.somd.com/television/13...rrier-pbs.html

I made two cruises on Nimitz. I deployed with VS-33/The Screwbirds and worked the flight deck as an AT Troubleshooter/Final Checker.
    Racing Is Life

Saw that listed, took a look and then turned it off when I realized it was a shipboard life documentary.

All I need to do is break out 10 years worth of photo albums
    The stuff cheerleaders do on hardwood, it absolutely blows my mind - Joe Biden
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    -Illegals who are already here can stay, provided they haven't committed any crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by sux2b44 View Post
    We watched it the other night for the first time. Pretty interesting. Gives us non-military people a look at what its really like. My son wanted to go in the Navy, but we told him he wouldnt fit in a ship or they wouldnt have boots to fit him. He is 6'5" and wears a 16 shoe.
    We had a guy about that size on the Saratoga back in 90-91. The airframe guys added an extension to the end of his rack and he had to have the legs of his coveralls lengthened.
    Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'

Blog Entries
    Im not sure its a good idea to show the sailors doing things that might be contrary to their wedding vows.
    they have enough problems just making it through a cruise to not have to worry about what their wife and family think MIGHT have gone on when they get back.

what happens on the ship should stay on the ship.

you want a good reality show? how about showing what the wives are doing while their husbands are on that cruise.
    Fear the Government that Fears your gun.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.