There isn't a military forum...

E

(((echo)))

So i'll put this here.
There have been many "documentaries" about carrier life and how it effects sailors all up and down the chain of command.

This one however digs a little deeper into ALL aspects of underway life, from how an E1 is stuck in the galley washing dishes during a TAD (temp assigned duty) to an officer making the mistake of while married engaging in an affair with an E3...

CARRIER . Full Episodes | PBS

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
So i'll put this here.
There have been many "documentaries" about carrier life and how it effects sailors all up and down the chain of command.

This one however digs a little deeper into ALL aspects of underway life, from how an E1 is stuck in the galley washing dishes during a TAD (temp assigned duty) to an officer making the mistake of while married engaging in an affair with an E3...

Caught a few epsisodes. Its good stuff though saw some stuff I didn't think I would ever see. The F18 driver who is desperate to get home and leaves the ship on a COD and he is in jeans! I was like "HOLY COW!". The kid that has to ask his prego GF to email him is pretty funny. Saw all that nonsense when I was out to sea. Did my time on LPH's. No computers then either. Snail mail and the occassional emergency was all we had. Of course you could do the HF thing but that was a pain.

jenbengen

Watch it
So i'll put this here.

Shoot, guess I won't be watching afterall. I've witnessed enough of that garbage to last a lifetime.

sux2b44

I heart CLeValley
So i'll put this here.

We watched it the other night for the first time. Pretty interesting. Gives us non-military people a look at what its really like. My son wanted to go in the Navy, but we told him he wouldnt fit in a ship or they wouldnt have boots to fit him. He is 6'5" and wears a 16 shoe.

We have been recording it so that our boys can watch it with dad this weekend to better understand what it's like on the ship. They are both now saying they want to be in the Navy like dad, we'll see if their opinions stay that way......

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Saw that listed, took a look and then turned it off when I realized it was a shipboard life documentary.

All I need to do is break out 10 years worth of photo albums :lol:

Homer J

Power Chord
We watched it the other night for the first time. Pretty interesting. Gives us non-military people a look at what its really like. My son wanted to go in the Navy, but we told him he wouldnt fit in a ship or they wouldnt have boots to fit him. He is 6'5" and wears a 16 shoe.

We had a guy about that size on the Saratoga back in 90-91. The airframe guys added an extension to the end of his rack and he had to have the legs of his coveralls lengthened.

bcp

In My Opinion
Im not sure its a good idea to show the sailors doing things that might be contrary to their wedding vows.
they have enough problems just making it through a cruise to not have to worry about what their wife and family think MIGHT have gone on when they get back.

what happens on the ship should stay on the ship.

you want a good reality show? how about showing what the wives are doing while their husbands are on that cruise.

Michael Delaney

Porsche 917K
Crossing the equator sure has changed. Not much "real" Wog cleansing taking place. I am not so sure that they should be considered shellbacks now.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Caught a few epsisodes. Its good stuff though saw some stuff I didn't think I would ever see. The F18 driver who is desperate to get home and leaves the ship on a COD and he is in jeans! I was like "HOLY COW!". The kid that has to ask his prego GF to email him is pretty funny. Saw all that nonsense when I was out to sea. Did my time on LPH's. No computers then either. Snail mail and the occassional emergency was all we had. Of course you could do the HF thing but that was a pain.
I was on a DDG. All we had was the snail mail and MARS calls.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Im not sure its a good idea to show the sailors doing things that might be contrary to their wedding vows.
they have enough problems just making it through a cruise to not have to worry about what their wife and family think MIGHT have gone on when they get back.

you want a good reality show? how about showing what the wives are doing while their husbands are on that cruise.

We already have first hand knowledge of that :whistle:

:coughnitwhitcough:

jenbengen

Watch it

That is the childish and immature mentality that azzholes (men and women) use to get away with being a bad spouse and cheating on their partner.

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!

We called them "CRUISE WIDOWS" at MCAS New River

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits

Hell, a carrier is roomy! Been on a few.

The Navy will take smart folks pretty much no matter what their size. We had an engineer on a sub the size of your son. Poor guy, was stooped over most the time unless he went aft.