Named Subdivisions - Looking for these

SamSpade

I was looking at houses online in St. Mary's County, and I came across three 'subdivisions' without reference to actual addresses. Does anyone have a clue where these are:

"Greenbrier"
"Mariner's Cove"
"Emerald Hills Estates"

I have no idea where any of them are, except that they are probably in St. Mary's somewhere.

SmallTown

Football season!
Mariner's Cove - Down by the apartment near the bay (spyglass). (go down the road to gate 3, turn at the signs for either spyglass or cedar cove (forget if they are both on the main road). Follow the road basically to the end, homes on the right.

Emerald Hills.. Hmm, is this the one behind the new wawa on 235?

SamSpade

Is it really? I just drove way down there yesterday, but I didn't notice anything so named. It's CALLED Emerald Hills?

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
We tried to get a sign for our new neighborhood and discovered that the requirements for signs made it impossible, given the small amount of road frontage the neighborhood owns. Yet the County requires us to have a name. You'd never know what it is.

bottoms up

Originally posted by SmallTown
Mariner's Cove - Down by the apartment near the bay (spyglass). (go down the road to gate 3, turn at the signs for either spyglass or cedar cove (forget if they are both on the main road). Follow the road basically to the end, homes on the right.

i thought that one was mariners landing? :confused:

Last edited:
Originally posted by SamSpade
Is it really? I just drove way down there yesterday, but I didn't notice anything so named. It's CALLED Emerald Hills?

It's Emerald Hills Estates. Take South Essex Drive to left on Lynn Drive. Follow Lynn to second left. Follow it into Emerald Hills Estates. Sign is on the right.

bottoms up

Originally posted by TigerTat
Subdivisions are the tool of the devil.

only for those who believe in a devil. the rest of us just like a nice place to live where the ghetto-birds don't patrol nightly. :cool: