What would you have done?

Micki

This past Thursday night I drove through Hermanville Road in Lexington Park about 8:20 at night. There is a stretch of woods on both sides, very dark and no houses.
A woman (I think) in dark clothing jumps into the road almost into my car, waving her arms furiously trying to make me stop. I didn't. I kept on driving and called a friend that lives on that road. By the time he got there it was all quiet as usual. I also called a couple scanner people - nothing!
Has anything like that happened to you all or what would you have done?

This past Thursday night I drove through Hermanville Road in Lexington Park about 8:20 at night. There is a stretch of woods on both sides, very dark and no houses.
A woman (I think) in dark clothing jumps into the road almost into my car, waving her arms furiously trying to make me stop. I didn't. I kept on driving and called a friend that lives on that road. By the time he got there it was all quiet as usual. I also called a couple scanner people - nothing!

I would have stopped and kept it in gear - and cracked the window to see what was up.

This happened years ago around Easter in Hughesville at the pond - many people went by and her husband/boyfriend killed her with an axe on the side of Rt. 5 because no one stopped.

I know it is risky in this day... but you never know.

belvak

Happy Camper
Yeah, think I would've kept the windows and doors locked, but slowed down/stopped to see if there was anything I could do. Also, would have definitely called 911!

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly

Before or after I had heart failure? It's a sad situation when you can't feel safe to stop and help people nowadays because it could be a set up, isn't it? I would have kept driving and called the police on my cell.

OldHillcrestGuy

I would have stopped and kept it in gear - and cracked the window to see what was up.

This happened years ago around Easter in Hughesville at the pond - many people went by and her husband/boyfriend killed her with an axe on the side of Rt. 5 because no one stopped.

I know it is risky in this day... but you never know.

I remember that, were you a member of Co. 2 then?

Dork

Highlander's MPD

There are a lot of crazy people out there. If you are don't know what it going on, just get on the cell phone and dial 911. That would have been the best answer. I, personally, would have stopped. I can generally handle my own and can handle confrontation as needed and would have felt guilty to leave a female out there on the road in distress. But, that's just me. It's not the right answer for everyone.

Micki

Yeah, think I would've kept the windows and doors locked, but slowed down/stopped to see if there was anything I could do. Also, would have definitely called 911!

Windows and doors locked is okay, but nowadays they have guns or just smash your window in, take your car and kill you in the process.

K

kris31280

I'd have stopped, called 911 on speaker phone immediately, and rolled a window down to find out what was going on.

For all you know, you just condemned a woman to her death and it's yet to be discovered.

K

Kain99

Survival instinct would have kicked in! I'd like to think I wouldn't have stopped but in all honesty I just don't know. 911 would have been a definite.

Micki

There are a lot of crazy people out there. If you are don't know what it going on, just get on the cell phone and dial 911. That would have been the best answer. I, personally, would have stopped. I can generally handle my own and can handle confrontation as needed and would have felt guilty to leave a female out there on the road in distress. But, that's just me. It's not the right answer for everyone.

I'm glad there are people like you who would stop no matter what. But being a woman I probably would be without car and laying in a ditch somewhere by now.

I'm glad there are people like you who would stop no matter what. But being a woman I probably would be without car and laying in a ditch somewhere by now.

I think that might be a key point... women might keep going based on fear for their safety where a male might be more inclined to stop.