Buying Tires from Junkyard

granny45

My daughter bought a tire yesterday from the junkyard in Mechanicsville, can't remember the name of it). Anyway she paid $35 for it and then had to pay to get it mounted on the rim; another $10. She cannot afford to buy new tires so that is why she went to the junkyard. When she got the tire mounted she found out that there was a hole in the tire so is not able to even use the tire. I told her to go back to the place and tell them they sold her an unusable tire. She said that she can't take it back. Is this true? Can the place get away with selling an unused tire; even if it was cheap? I know this isn't the way to go in getting tires but she needed something to put on her car until she could afford to get new tires. What's everyone's opinion? This place can sell you something that isn't even usuable? What a ripoff.

Thanks

Mojo

Usually junkyards are pretty good about giving you your money back when they sell you something that is trash.

tommyjones

My daughter bought a tire yesterday from the junkyard in Mechanicsville, can't remember the name of it). Anyway she paid $35 for it and then had to pay to get it mounted on the rim; another $10. She cannot afford to buy new tires so that is why she went to the junkyard. When she got the tire mounted she found out that there was a hole in the tire so is not able to even use the tire. I told her to go back to the place and tell them they sold her an unusable tire. She said that she can't take it back. Is this true? Can the place get away with selling an unused tire; even if it was cheap? I know this isn't the way to go in getting tires but she needed something to put on her car until she could afford to get new tires. What's everyone's opinion? This place can sell you something that isn't even usuable? What a ripoff.

Thanks

if she needs used tires in the future, tell her to go to Curtis Tire on Great Mills. he is honest and usually has decent used tires.

mainman

Set Trippin

Thanks
I really could use an unused tire.....

smithchick231

i would definately try to take it back. Maybe she can't, but if the parent comes in rasing hell- someone may be more inclined to refund it. Then i would check out tire rack in the future. ive done the junkyard tire thing, same deal 30 35 bucks for a used, busted tire, 8-10 to mount it...so im looking at around 45 for someone else not good enough tire...then i found tirerack.com- most federals, generals, and some yokohuma's are between 48 and 56 dollars. well worth it if you can scrounge up the 15 extra bucks from family and friends. btw...i tried the federals once on my firebird....now thats all we get on the taurus, civic, and firebird. LOVE THEM- cheap, last forever, and stick to the road in wet, snow, or dry conditions.

Homer J

Power Chord
if she needs used tires in the future, tell her to go to Curtis Tire on Great Mills. he is honest and usually has decent used tires.

:yeahthat:

I needed a spare for a pickup that I bought. I picked up a rim at Brandywine Used Auto Parts and went to Curtis for the tire. They hooked me up with a pretty descent used tire at a very fair price that included mounting and balancing. If I remember right it was only $25.

Danzig

I disagree, but what do I know? I only spent $5000 there to be lied to and receive poor service. I will never send anyone to Curtis.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
She said that she can't take it back. Is this true?

Thanks

tell you daughter that if she's mature enough to drive, she has to accept responsibility for the maintenance of her car. If she won't take it back, she deserves to be out the money.

thurley42

HY;FR
I know when I was a young lad strapped for cash when i first moved down here i went to Southern Tire by Long time Buffet (Bon) and got 4 new tires installed for pretty cheap....i haven't been there for a long time, but they seemed very friendly and had some good deals on tires...

ImnoMensa

Take it back, It dosnt cost anything to give it a shot. If they wont take it back ,dont deal with them again.

Meantime I am still trying to figure out how Danzig bought $5,000 worth of used tires.