Seriously, this woman has lost her mind.

DanceMom

Seriously, this woman has lost her mind! See article below.

Happy Mother's Day: Woman pregnant with 18th child

By JILL ZEMAN, Associated Press Writer 5 minutes ago

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - It's a happy Mother's Day for an Arkansas woman — she's pregnant with her 18th child.

Michelle Duggar, 41, is due on New Year's Day, and the latest addition will join seven sisters and 10 brothers. There are two sets of twins.

"We've had three in January, three in December. Those two months are a busy time for us," she said, laughing.

The Duggars' oldest child, Josh, is 20, and the youngest, Jennifer, is nine months old.

The fast-growing family lives in Tontitown in northwest Arkansas in a 7,000-square-foot home. All the children — whose names start with the letter J — are home-schooled.

Duggar has been been pregnant for more than 11 years of her life, and the family is in the process of filming another series for Discovery Health.

The new show looks at life inside the Duggar home, where chores — or "jurisdictions" — are assigned to each child. One episode of the new show involves a "jurisdiction swap," where the boys do chores traditionally assigned to the girls, and vice versa, Duggar said.

"The girls swapped jurisdictions, changing tires, working in the garages, mowing the grass," she said. "The boys got to cook supper from start to finish, clean the bathrooms," among other chores.

Duggar said she's six weeks along and the pregnancy is going well. She and her husband, Jim Bob Duggar, said they'll keep having children as long as God wills it.

"The success in a family is first off, a love for God, and secondly, treating each other like you want to be treated," Jim Bob Duggar said. "Our goal is for each one of our children to be best friends, and everybody working together to serve each other makes that happen."

The other Duggar children, in between Joshua and Jennifer, are Jana, 18; John-David, 18; Jill, 16; Jessa, 15; Jinger, 14; Joseph, 13; Josiah, 11; Joy-Anna, 10; Jeremiah, 9; Jedidiah, 9; Jason, 7; James, 6; Justin, 5; Jackson, 3; and Johannah, 2.

___

On the Net:

Duggar family Web site: http://www.duggarfamily.com

Discovery Health site: The Duggars : Discovery Health's The Duggars

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
She must have a cast iron uterus to have given birth that many times and still be walking.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I've watched their TV specials before. They seem like a cult unto themselves. Girls all wear the customary smock dresses, etc. I feel bad for the kids because they are in charge of their younger siblings and really don't seem to be able to act like kids.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Saw part of the Discovery channel show on them when they were building their new house...she was expecting #17 at that time...

It's a 3 bedroom house. :rolleyes:

Granted, the kids rooms are like big institutional wards with bunk beds lining the walls, but come on :rolleyes:

Although, they can afford it, never been on public dole and not hiding themselves from the outside world like some cult, so... more power to them.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
I've watched their TV specials before. They seem like a cult unto themselves. Girls all wear the customary smock dresses, etc. I feel bad for the kids because they are in charge of their younger siblings and really don't seem to be able to act like kids.
Cheaper to buy/make dresses like that. And they all have to do their part for the family, so they have to take responsibilty. They don't have TV either, but can you imagine the arguments over which channel to watch? I only have three kids and those arguements make me want to chuck the TV sometimes.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

:yeahthat: What are those parents thinking?
those poor giirls should walk around with a cell phone jammed in one ear and dress like whores

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
:yeahthat: What are those parents thinking?
those poor giirls should walk around with a cell phone jammed in one ear and dress like whores

I was thinking more along the lines of care-free play. I agree that they are all loved and well taken care of but eventually they will have to go out into the cruel world and they might be alittle surprised. They come from a loving home where everyone is honest and kind. Not the real world if you ask me. :shrug:

puggymom

As long as they care for them I guess whatever makes them happy but I wish someone would tell her it is a uterus not a clown car.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
I feel bad for the kids because they are in charge of their younger siblings and really don't seem to be able to act like kids.

I am torn over this. I've seen the show once or twice and they do seem a little cult-ish and sort of like a work camp. On one hand, the kids are learning responsibility and how to care for one another and not be selfish, but on the other, they have too many responsibilities ("jurisdictions"??) that should really be on the parents. Also, kids need to get out and socialize with other kids that are not siblings. But.....it's not my place to judge.

MMDad

Lem Putt
I was thinking more along the lines of care-free play. I agree that they are all loved and well taken care of but eventually they will have to go out into the cruel world and they might be alittle surprised. They come from a loving home where everyone is honest and kind. Not the real world if you ask me. :shrug:

And that is different from a smaller family because.......?

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

I am torn over this. I've seen the show once or twice and they do seem a little cult-ish and sort of like a work camp. On one hand, the kids are learning responsibility and how to care for one another and not be selfish, but on the other, they have too many responsibilities ("jurisdictions"??) that should really be on the parents. Also, kids need to get out and socialize with other kids that are not siblings. But.....it's not my place to judge.

The parents can't do work...they're too busy procreating.

Can you imagine that? How do they have enough sex to have that many kids WITH the kids in the house? Ewww.

lovinmaryland

The kids do socialize w/ other kids not just their siblings, mostly w/ kids from their church and other families w/ a lot of kids.

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
I wouldn't have that many kids, too expensive. But if that's what they want, more power to them.

I'm showing tolerance for those that don't agree with my choices, which is not to have that many children!

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Can you imagine that? How do they have enough sex to have that many kids WITH the kids in the house? Ewww.

Yes little Johnny, your mom wasn't really have a religious revelation when your heard her headboard banging on the wall while she was screaming "Oh God, Oh God"

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
And that is different from a smaller family because.......?

Has nothing to do with the number of kids. But the kids seem sheltered to how life is outside of their community. I commend the parents for raising their kids to be respectable members of society, something that's lacking in alot of youths today. It works for them so that's all that matters.