Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
King David writes that a man will find happiness
and great blessings if he studies Gods' Word and
obeys His Laws. David advises, "Delight yourself in
the LORD and he will give you the desires of your
heart." ( Psalms 37:4 ).
Jesus says " blessed is the man who hungers and
thirst after righteousness, for he will be filled." (Matthew 5:6).
Righteousness is found in God's Word, but God does
not force his teachings upon us. God gives man the ability
to choose between the joys of righteous living and the
temptations of the world. The world offers opportunities
for pleasure which soon evaporate like mist at daybreak.
God, on the other hand, offers fulfillment, and abundance,
and joy, and eternal life.
Today you can choose to delight in the Lord, or not.
You can read his Word, or not. You can accept His
blessings, or not. God offers freely, and the righteous
man accepts God's gifts with thanksgiving and delight.

TripleJ

Do not believe in anything
simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in traditions
simply because they have been handed
down for many generations.
simply because it is spoken and rumored by many.
simply because it is found written in your
religious books.
merely on the authority of your teachers
and elders.
But when, after observation and analysis,
you find anything that agrees with reason,
and is conducive to the good and benefit
of one and all,
then accept it and live up to it.
-- The Buddha's Kalama Sutra

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Our prosperity is not measured in how much money we have, but in our relationship with Jesus Christ! Some of the richest people in the world have NOTHING in the way of material possessions, yet they are more prosperous than someone with a billion dollars in the bank who is without Christ in their life.

TripleJ

"Not to do any evil,
To cultivate good,
To purify one's mind-
This is the advice of the Buddhas."
-- the Dhammapada (183)

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow;
it empties today of its strength."
~ Corrie ten Boom ~

" When you worry and fear, you basically say;
God I don't trust you enough to handle this
by your self. . . Hmmmmm.
~ Anonymous ~

The desire to find peace with God is a deep human
need. Jesus promises that we can find that peace when
we come to him. Jesus teaches us about the unforced
rhythms of grace, and he promises that with him, we can
learn to live freely and lightly. When we do we can then
enter Gods house with a sense of peace that will allow us
to joyfully praise His name and listen to his word.
There is no rest and peace like the rest and peace
that Jesus himself can give. Even in the midst of your
biggest storm. . . All Jesus needs to say is "peace be still"
and he'll bring you through it because he loves you. He loves
you more than you will ever know.

This is the peace that surpasses all understanding.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Our freedom to choose. One of the greatest responsibilities God has given
each one of us, is our ability to make our own choices. We often take for
granted the fact that God has given us this free will ability to choose.
Even though you do it subconsciously, each day you make hundreds, often
thousands of choices. From what time you get up, to what you eat, to what
you wear, to the roads you drive on, to what you say, and on, and on, and
on. The choices you make, ultimately determine the direction that your life
takes. Because we make so many choices instinctively, we lose sight of how
important each choice can be to how we live our life.

Paul said to "pray without ceasing." Literally, it means to "stay
connected" with God at all times. You see, when you are "connected," it
makes it difficult to make the choice to rebel against God. We make our bad
choices, we make our rebellious choices when we are "unplugged" from God.

- Adapted from Bill Keller's Daily Devotional.

Last edited:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Mark 2:23-28
23One Sabbath Jesus was going through the grainfields, and as his disciples walked along, they began to pick some heads of grain. 24The Pharisees said to him, "Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?"
25He answered, "Have you never read what David did when he and his companions were hungry and in need? 26In the days of Abiathar the high priest, he entered the house of God and ate the consecrated bread, which is lawful only for priests to eat. And he also gave some to his companions."
27Then he said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. 28So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."

So what is the Sabbath. It is the day of rest. The Jews Sabbath is on Saturday, but the day of the week for the day of rest is not important. It is important that you take time for yourself with God. We are in so much of a hurry. We live with constant stress. The day of rest is for you. Use it to put off the stress of the week. Spend time in prayer. Spend time with family. Spend time alone with just yourself.

I can't say this better so...

A time of rest does many things for you. It helps you to regain your
physical strength. However, just as important, it allows you to regain your
mental strength. Fighting day after day wears us down mentally and we get
so focused on our problems that we lose sight of possible alternatives that
may help us in our struggles. Getting worn down also causes us to lose
perspective causing us to forget that God is still in control.

Most important though, a time of rest helps us to refocus on our personal
relationship with the Lord. In the midst of our trials, we can miss out on
that daily, intimate time with Him which just compounds our problems. That
time of rest allows us to not only recharge our bodies and minds, but our
relationship with the Lord.

- Bill Keller - liveprayer.com Daily Devotional excerpt used with permission

Take time for your day of rest.

Last edited:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Luke 18
7And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? 8I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?"

Romans 1
30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Romans 3
2Much in every way! First of all, they have been entrusted with the very words of God.
3What if some did not have faith? Will their lack of faith nullify God's faithfulness? 4Not at all! Let God be true, and every man a liar. As it is written:
"So that you may be proved right when you speak
and prevail when you judge."[

We all have faith in something. We have faith that the sun will rise tomorrow. We have faith we can take our next breath. Some have faith in the Buddhas. Those that believe in evolution have faith in Darwin.

I have faith in Yahowah God, Jesus Christ God come as man, and God's Holy Spirit that lives within me and others. It is that faith that sustains me, comforts me, and lets me know that I will live in the presence of God when my time on earth is over. I pray that I will be found faithful when Christ returns.

TripleJ

Originally posted by 2ndAmendment
Luke 18
7And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? 8I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?"

Romans 1
30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Romans 3
2Much in every way! First of all, they have been entrusted with the very words of God.
3What if some did not have faith? Will their lack of faith nullify God's faithfulness? 4Not at all! Let God be true, and every man a liar. As it is written:
"So that you may be proved right when you speak
and prevail when you judge."[

We all have faith in something. We have faith that the sun will rise tomorrow. We have faith we can take our next breath. Some have faith in the Buddhas. Those that believe in evolution have faith in Darwin.

I have faith in Yahowah God, Jesus Christ God come as man, and God's Holy Spirit that lives within me and others. It is that faith that sustains me, comforts me, and lets me know that I will live in the presence of God when my time on earth is over. I pray that I will be found faithful when Christ returns.
To "understand" is not the same as to have "faith" to understand how something works, or to have a resonable expectation of something because of prior happenings is not the same at all as to have faith in something happening. This is a misunderstanding of the word and missuse of the word "faith". When one has "faith" that something will happen, one has a doubt that it will happen, when one "understands" how it happens one removes the doubt. In all things, seek the truth, for it will set you free :cheers:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Romans 1
18The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

I have the real Truth in my heart, mind, and soul, and it is sharper than a two edged sword and brighter than the sun and able to rend the hearts and shine light into the darkest of places and reveal all the sins of men.

Last edited:

TripleJ

I Kings 22:23 "The Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee."
II Thessalonians 2:11 "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie."
Truth like beauty, sometimes is in the eye of the beholder:smile:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
" For even when we were with you,
we gave this rule:
If a man will not work,
he shall not eat."
~ II Thessaloninas 3:10 ~

Everyone wants freedom, but not everyone
wants responsibility. "Liberty" is a grand, high-
sounding word with lots of pomp and circumstance.
"Responsibility", on the other hand, sounds a lot like
work. The Irony is this. That even though Liberty,
and Responsibility are two different things, they are
both linked together. You really, can't have one without
the other. Liberty requires Responsibility.
In a society where too many men wish to pass
blame and work off to others, the righteous man
does neither. Instead, he accepts responsibility
for his own behavior, and for the support of his
family. The righteous man never abuses his own
personal freedoms. Instead, he works diligently,
cares for his family, and contributes to his church
and his community.
The Word of God encourages us to take full
responsibility for ourselves, for our actions, and
for our families. When we do, we not only please God,
but we also leave a lasting legacy for those we love.

" Freedom is not an absence of responsibility;
but rather a reward we receive when we've
performed our responsibility with excellence."
~ Charles Swindol ~

" We trust as if it all depends on God,
and work as if it all depends on us."
~ C. H. Spurgeon ~

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Matthew 5
14"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

According to recent polls on FNC, over 70% of the people in the United States say they believe in God. What percentage of that is Christians was not stated. But when observing the actions of most people that call themselves Christians there is no difference from anyone else. They tell and laugh at vulgar jokes. They cheat on their taxes, their spouse, and may even steal "just a pack of gum". Or when the clerk makes a mistake, they keep the money rather than correcting the mistake.

Christians are called to better. Christians are called to be an example that plainly shows that there is a difference in the way a Christian lives. Christians are called to let the Light of Christ within shine before men.

Bertha Venation

Originally posted by 2ndAmendment
Christians are called to better. Christians are called to be an example that plainly shows that there is a difference in the way a Christian lives. Christians are called to let the Light of Christ within shine before men.

Agreed. Too many who claim Christ's name don't live like the example he set.

OTOH, many who do not claim Christ's name do. Their goodness, their contributions, their stability, aren't to be discounted.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Jude 1
5Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe. 6And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their own home--these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day. 7In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.
8In the very same way, these dreamers pollute their own bodies, reject authority and slander celestial beings. 9But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!" 10Yet these men speak abusively against whatever they do not understand; and what things they do understand by instinct, like unreasoning animals--these are the very things that destroy them.

TripleJ

Matthew 5:39 - But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.:smile:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Matthew 24
4Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. 5For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ, ' and will deceive many. 6You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of birth pains.
9"Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Revelation 3
1"To the angel of the church in Sardis write:
These are the words of him who holds the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. 2Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your deeds complete in the sight of my God. 3Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you. 4Yet you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes. They will walk with me, dressed in white, for they are worthy. 5He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels. 6He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

Christians must believe to the very end to be saved. Watch that your name is not botted out from the book of life.