Metrocast -- the worst cable company ever

CalifrniaDreamn

Is anyone else out there having trouble with their Metrocast On Demand (where you can rent movies, watch premium channel movies, etc.)? This happens so frequently they now credit me when it happens. It mysteriously goes down on Friday night, and although they will first tell me it is my line, it mysteriously fixes itself Monday morning!

I told the guy that today, and he said that's cause they come in and fix the trouble tickets Monday morning. Metrocast is the worst! We have gone to the county committee meeting that oversees Metrocast, and the head person from our area told us that they will dispatch a service person to fix this problem on the weekend. But the people you call on the phone say they will not dispatch someone to fix it unless there is a systemwide outage of all channels.

When are you most likely to rent a movie (or watch tv, for that matter!)? On the weekends!

I think Metrocast should be booted out and let's get Comcast throughout the county. I've had them before, and they were much better than Metrocast.

cashncarry

Did any of you receive an ad from MetroCast for VIP (Video, Internet, Phone) service in the past few days? I'd like to have a service where there is only one bill to pay but MetroCast worries me. If they go down are you SOL for all services? What if the SMC commissioners decide to switch to another provider and MetroCast is no longer available? I don't mind getting screwed but L'd like to be able to at least smile while it's happenening.

Ditch the cable and go satellite. Dish or Direct, doesn't matter. You'll never have that problem again and you'll get an HD signal that is better than any cable vendor now supplies.

CalifrniaDreamn

Did any of you receive an ad from MetroCast for VIP (Video, Internet, Phone) service in the past few days? I'd like to have a service where there is only one bill to pay but MetroCast worries me. If they go down are you SOL for all services? What if the SMC commissioners decide to switch to another provider and MetroCast is no longer available? I don't mind getting screwed but L'd like to be able to at least smile while it's happenening.

You got it -- you are SOL! I have Vonage internet phone service (not something I really wanted, but hubby did), and if the internet is down or the power is down, no phone. So if you get phone thru Metrocast, the same will be true for you. However, cable internet is the best, I think.

If the commissioners ditched Metrocast, you would not be liable to them for more bills for your phone, I do not think.

As for the suggestion above that says to use Dish, we had a negative experience with Satellite when we lived elsewhere. I didn't think the quality was that great (some digitizing on the screen) and Dish was a nightmare to help resolve the problems.

Metrocast just needs to upgrade their service to their customers!

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
Ditch the cable and go satellite. Dish or Direct, doesn't matter. You'll never have that problem again and you'll get an HD signal that is better than any cable vendor now supplies.

We had Dish network for over 3 years.... Awesome. Then they decided to move us to a 'new' satillite, a tree became our problem with reception and even though they moved us without asking us they would only come out to adjust it for 'free' once. After that we had to pay.

Hence, we've had metrocast ever since. The only problem we've had with them is charging us for an extra email account, from the comcast to metrocast switch, that we didn't have. Called them for months. Finally got a lady that knew her shiat and they refunded every penny.

You got it -- you are SOL! I have Vonage internet phone service (not something I really wanted, but hubby did), and if the internet is down or the power is down, no phone. So if you get phone thru Metrocast, the same will be true for you. However, cable internet is the best, I think.

If the commissioners ditched Metrocast, you would not be liable to them for more bills for your phone, I do not think.

As for the suggestion above that says to use Dish, we had a negative experience with Satellite when we lived elsewhere. I didn't think the quality was that great (some digitizing on the screen) and Dish was a nightmare to help resolve the problems.

Metrocast just needs to upgrade their service to their customers!

:yeahthat: And I'll stay with Verizon for my land line. All of our family members are out of state so I love the rate I'm paying!:cartwheel

Several of our friends have ditched their land lines and just use their cell. It's a consideration, but I don't think the savings would justify us going that route.

stars24

Metrocast....

Yes - We too are having trouble with On Demand. We keep getting an error message. They "boosted our signal" twice and that didn't do any good... so they sent someone to our house to "fix it". But, he left and said that the problem is a result of our cable box which is not equipped to handle the on demand movies. This makes no sense because we used to get them often.... it has only been a problem within the last month or so....

We've given up and just got netflix....

Is anyone else out there having trouble with their Metrocast On Demand (where you can rent movies, watch premium channel movies, etc.)? This happens so frequently they now credit me when it happens. It mysteriously goes down on Friday night, and although they will first tell me it is my line, it mysteriously fixes itself Monday morning!

I told the guy that today, and he said that's cause they come in and fix the trouble tickets Monday morning. Metrocast is the worst! We have gone to the county committee meeting that oversees Metrocast, and the head person from our area told us that they will dispatch a service person to fix this problem on the weekend. But the people you call on the phone say they will not dispatch someone to fix it unless there is a systemwide outage of all channels.

When are you most likely to rent a movie (or watch tv, for that matter!)? On the weekends!

I think Metrocast should be booted out and let's get Comcast throughout the county. I've had them before, and they were much better than Metrocast.

CalifrniaDreamn

Yes - We too are having trouble with On Demand. We keep getting an error message. They "boosted our signal" twice and that didn't do any good... so they sent someone to our house to "fix it". But, he left and said that the problem is a result of our cable box which is not equipped to handle the on demand movies. This makes no sense because we used to get them often.... it has only been a problem within the last month or so....

We've given up and just got netflix....

That is sooo funny! We had a problem months ago that turned out to be systemwide, and they were shocked that no one else had called in about it. I told their head guy that they have numbed people -- if you are told long enough that it is your equipment failure, you give up and find alternate solutions!!!

Solja_Boy

I used to have metrocast. I don't recall the on demand service ever working. Metrocast is prety much hopeless.

They have comcast in northern end of the county. I don;t understand why comcast can;t provide service to the southern end of St. Marrys.

beamher

I noticed that it wasn't available about 2 weeks ago. At first, I thought maybe the kids screwed something up and I ignored it at first. Then the weekend was approaching :starcat: so I finally decided to call and they told me they would send a signal to it and it would be about 45mins. It actually only took about 5mins. and it's been working every since.

CalifrniaDreamn

I noticed that it wasn't available about 2 weeks ago. At first, I thought maybe the kids screwed something up and I ignored it at first. Then the weekend was approaching :starcat: so I finally decided to call and they told me they would send a signal to it and it would be about 45mins. It actually only took about 5mins. and it's been working every since.

You are lucky! They sent the signal to my house and it didn't work. So, I'm off to call Metrocast again this morning!

CalifrniaDreamn

Update

Just have to update you -- after several phone calls, and Metrocast coming out without letting me know they had set up an appointment, and then leaving me a message that they couldn't fix my service because I wasn't here, and then hearing from a supervisor that I did not need to be here because it was a signal issue.......

It turns out they have a systemwide problem here with On Demand. Now people, do you ever try to access these features, or is it just that you are so beaten down with their bad service that you don't even bother to call??? I think it is the latter! Anyway, looks like On Demand will work again.

This isn't the first time we've reported problems that turn out to be systemwide. They are always scratching their heads as to why people don't call in to report the problem -- I know it is their lousy customer service!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I have MC for my internet and Dish Network for TV. No problems here. OBTW, for those yelping for ComCast, the grass is not always greener on the other side.