Cavadoodle/cavapoo

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
Hello. Has anyone here had a cavapoo/doodle or know someone who did? also any local breeders? I'm looking to get one and would like to know more about them. i've already talked to Callaway Kennels and they plan on having another litter in the summer. any info would be great!

belvak

Happy Camper
WTF is a Cavapoo/doodle? I can't even get my brain to come up with the breeds necessary to make this hybrid. Why can't people just adopt mutts? Or whatever breeds are currently in the shelters? :ohwell:

BlissfulJumper

WTF is a Cavapoo/doodle? I can't even get my brain to come up with the breeds necessary to make this hybrid. Why can't people just adopt mutts? Or whatever breeds are currently in the shelters? :ohwell:

they are cavalier king charles spaniels mixed with a minature poodles. They aren't mutts. and they are actually very good for people who don't want shedding and have siblings that are allergic to dogs..just like goldendoodles are.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
they are cavalier king charles spaniels mixed with a minature poodles. They aren't mutts. and they are actually very good for people who don't want shedding and have siblings that are allergic to dogs..just like goldendoodles are.

If you breed two Cavacrappers what do you get? Another CavaCrapper? NO, another mutt.

belvak

Happy Camper

Thanks for the explanation of the breed. :huggy: My basic question is, why can't people just adopt the dogs already out there with no homes, instead of breeding more? Not to "slam" breeders, but every pet (cat or dog) I've ever had was a shelter rescue.

BlissfulJumper

I did not ask for smartass replies and do not appricate them. I asked a simply question for the nice people out there. If you dont have anything nice to say then STFU. BTW cavalier king charles spaniels are not mutts... they are very nice EXPENSIVE dogs. So unless you got some info to help me then go away

BlissfulJumper

Thanks for the explanation of the breed. :huggy: My basic question is, why can't people just adopt the dogs already out there with no homes, instead of breeding more? Not to "slam" breeders, but every pet (cat or dog) I've ever had was a shelter rescue.

True true. and my last post was not towards you but the other poster. I think this breeders are trying to make dogs that people with allergies can have and enjoy. I'm all for helping shelter dogs/ any other animal but i have a disbaled brother who is allergic to dogs/cats/horses any animal with fur pretty much and all of our dogs have to stay outside and me and my mom want an inside dog and this works perfectly for us. Some breeders do breed dogs that shouldnt be breed and i'm strongly against this but its hard for us to stop it

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I did not ask for smartass replies and do not appricate them. I asked a simply question for the nice people out there. If you dont have anything nice to say then STFU. BTW cavalier king charles spaniels are not mutts... they are very nice EXPENSIVE dogs. So unless you got some info to help me then go away

Breed it with anything other then another king, and it's just another mutt.

belvak

Happy Camper
If you breed two Cavacrappers what do you get? Another CavaCrapper? NO, another mutt.

Since you didn't use Reply With Quote," I'm guessing your reponse is directed at itsbob, but just incase, I never said anything about the breed being mutts. I just stated that all of my animals (dogs and cats), have been shelter rescues... i.e. Mutts... Inexpensive and very loving. TYVM.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB

Lisa?

Lacie Girl

My BFF is a Pit Bull!
Blissful Jumper,

I think what Itsbob is trying to say is that any time you take two different purebred breeds and mix them, you are making a "mixed breed" or better known as a mutt.

If they were considered a purebred (which means bred from members of a recognized breed, strain, or kind without a mixture of other blood over many generations) then someones Pit Bull/Lab mix would be a purebred Pitador or Labrapit, right? No, it's a mutt.

Not trying to be a smartass, just pointing out the fact that the AKC recognizing the Labradoodle or Puggle is ridiculus because they are in essence a mixed breed and not at all "pure". No offense but your Cavapoo/doodle will also fall into the mutt catagory because it isn't truely a purebred dog. The saddest part about these mixes is that they are very "new" and there are already rescues dedicated to them.

If you want a purebred that is hypoallergenic, why don't you look into the many breeds that are already out there. As you already know, the poodle is in this catagory since that is the crossing of the breed you were looking at. However, no dog is completely 100% hypoallergenic. If you choose to go with the recent trend in poodle mixes it is best to purchase a second or third generation puppy. Often puppies produced from the first generation lack the characteristics of a poodle, which make them less ideal for allergy suffering owners. The best test to determine whether your allergies will be affected is to spend 20 minutes in a closed off and confined area with the dog (cars tend to work well). This is a simple test which can save you from heartbreak in the future.

A list of purebred dogs that are considered Hypoallergenic. Many of these breeds can be found through breed specific rescues or even some of our local shelters. Good luck finding the right dog for your family.

Airedale Terrier
American Hairless Terrier
Barbet
Basenji
Bedlington Terrier
Bergamasco
Bichon Frisé
Bolognese
Border Terrier
Bouvier des Flandres
Cairn Terrier
Chacy Ranior
Chinese Crested
Coton De Tulear
Dandie Dinmont Terrier
Fox Terrier (Wire)
Greyhound
Havanese
Irish Water Spaniel
Italian Greyhound
Kerry Blue Terrier
Lagotto Romagnolo
Lhasa Apso
Maltese
Miniature Poodle
Miniature Schnauzer
Peruvian Inca Orchid
Portuguese Water Dog
Puli
Samoyed
Scottish Terrier
Shih Tzu
Silky Terrier
Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Spanish Water Dog
Standard Poodle
Standard Schnauzer
Tibetan Terrier
Toy Poodle
Welsh Terrier
West Highland White Terrier
Wirehaired Dachshund
Yorkshire Terrier
Xoloitzcuintle

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Blissful Jumper,

I think what Itsbob is trying to say is that any time you take two different purebred breeds and mix them, you are making a "mixed breed" or better known as a mutt.

If they were considered a purebred (which means bred from members of a recognized breed, strain, or kind without a mixture of other blood over many generations) then someones Pit Bull/Lab mix would be a purebred Pitador or Labrapit, right? No, it's a mutt.

Not trying to be a smartass, just pointing out the fact that the AKC recognizing the Labradoodle or Puggle is ridiculus because they are in essence a mixed breed and not at all "pure". No offense but your Cavapoo/doodle will also fall into the mutt catagory because it isn't truely a purebred dog. The saddest part about these mixes is that they are very "new" and there are already rescues dedicated to them.

If you want a purebred that is hypoallergenic, why don't you look into the many breeds that are already out there. As you already know, the poodle is in this catagory since that is the crossing of the breed you were looking at. However, no dog is completely 100% hypoallergenic. If you choose to go with the recent trend in poodle mixes it is best to purchase a second or third generation puppy. Often puppies produced from the first generation lack the characteristics of a poodle, which make them less ideal for allergy suffering owners. The best test to determine whether your allergies will be affected is to spend 20 minutes in a closed off and confined area with the dog (cars tend to work well). This is a simple test which can save you from heartbreak in the future.

A list of purebred dogs that are considered Hypoallergenic. Many of these breeds can be found through breed specific rescues or even some of our local shelters. Good luck finding the right dog for your family.

Airedale Terrier
American Hairless Terrier
Barbet
Basenji
Bedlington Terrier
Bergamasco
Bichon Frisé
Bolognese
Border Terrier
Bouvier des Flandres
Cairn Terrier
Chacy Ranior
Chinese Crested
Coton De Tulear
Dandie Dinmont Terrier
Fox Terrier (Wire)
Greyhound
Havanese
Irish Water Spaniel
Italian Greyhound
Kerry Blue Terrier
Lagotto Romagnolo
Lhasa Apso
Maltese
Miniature Poodle
Miniature Schnauzer
Peruvian Inca Orchid
Portuguese Water Dog
Puli
Samoyed
Scottish Terrier
Shih Tzu
Silky Terrier
Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Spanish Water Dog
Standard Poodle
Standard Schnauzer
Tibetan Terrier
Toy Poodle
Welsh Terrier
West Highland White Terrier
Wirehaired Dachshund
Yorkshire Terrier
Xoloitzcuintle

Thank you. I appreciate this post. I could not come up with a way to be informative without being degrading. Even if I were as knowledgeable.

I've often wondered why the "original" hypoallergenic breed just isn't enough. I understand perfectly the science of "genetic engineering" for desired traits, but what of those who are pure and have the desired traits, yet have no home? What do they not do that a mixed breed would, or could?

Next thing you know, the unwanted "pure" Standards of the world will be rescued by Labradoodle Labs :rolleyes: (as well as the Labradors) to meet popularity demands, that is until they're no longer popular. :jameo:

Sure, I'm going overboard, but aren't these crazy ass breeders? And really, if folks stopped buying them, wouldn't they stop breeding?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I've often wondered why the "original" hypoallergenic breed just isn't enough.

Because it's the "latest and greatest" way to make big bucks. Create a new designer dog and charge a ton of money for the puppies. People living off of their animals ...disgusting.

T

toppick08

Because it's the "latest and greatest" way to make big bucks. Create a new designer dog and charge a ton of money for the puppies. People living off of their animals ...disgusting.

Farmers are disgusting.....:confused: