Squealing tires.

About 6 pm yesterday. Heard it loud and long from my deck in N. Town Creek. Really left some impressive marks across the intersection at 235 S and Shady Mile, sideways, it looks like. I was just waiting for the sound of impact, but never heard one. I wonder if the same cop was standing there directing traffic at that time.:jameo:

About 6 pm yesterday. Heard it loud and long from my deck in N. Town Creek. Really left some impressive marks across the intersection at 235 S and Shady Mile, sideways, it looks like. I was just waiting for the sound of impact, but never heard one. I wonder if the same cop was standing there directing traffic at that time.:jameo:

:howdy: That was me in my Corolla doing a power burn-out sideways. I was proving to wifie that it really could do it to it! :biggrin:

Sorry to interrupt...

BlueBird

:howdy: That was me in my Corolla doing a power burn-out sideways. I was proving to wifie that it really could do it to it! :biggrin:

Sorry to interrupt...

What time was that at?

Just a few minutes earlier I was laying some nice ones in my Ford Festiva all over Town Creek.

I just came thru there and saw the marks on the road. Driver must have been going pretty fast to lay the amount of rubber they did, and it's really obvious they were not in control. They did hit the curb, and from the marks I'd say hard enough to bend the rims...

BigRed

Those marks were left by a police vehicle forced to take evasive action while running lights and sirens when an someone pulled into the intersection in front of him. Not only did he fail to yield to an emergency vehicle, he also decided that cop car and all those flares blocking the intersection while the light was out did not apply to him.

Drive safe everyone.

Those marks were left by a police vehicle forced to take evasive action while running lights and sirens when an someone pulled into the intersection in front of him. Not only did he fail to yield to an emergency vehicle, he also decided that cop car and all those flares blocking the intersection while the light was out did not apply to him.

Drive safe everyone.

Thanx. That explains the length of the marks.....

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08

Drive safe everyone.

I love the SD, but I've seen them FLY thru that intersection many times, hitting their lights right before they get there and scarring the crap out of drivers. Drivers freak, don't know what to do......

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Gotta keep them straight!

Attachments

• spring08 012.JPG
    spring08 012.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 96

Drive safe everyone.

Sounds like he might have been traveling a bit too fast for conditions. Is that how they normally approach an intersection with flares out and flashing yellow lights?

Last edited:
I just came thru there and saw the marks on the road. Driver must have been going pretty fast to lay the amount of rubber they did, and it's really obvious they were not in control. They did hit the curb, and from the marks I'd say hard enough to bend the rims...

They were pretty long, I couldn't tell if he'd hit the curb or stopped just short though. What do you think, over 100'?

Drive safe everyone.

Why did they have flares out at 6pm? Why don't they pick up the wire stands after they are done? Isn't that littering?