Captain Lenoards

S

SusieQ

We like to eat crabs almost every other Sat. or Sunday. Me and my husband spend a few dollars and usually buy maybe 2 or 3 dozen. This past Sunday I couldn't find any females so finally I called Capt. Lenoards (the place with the boat and the oyster shells outside) well he had half bushel females for 35.00. Sounded good so I went and got them. Came home and my husband started to cook them. There was about 3 1/2 dozen which is a small half bushel and 10 count them 10 were dead. So that left us with 2 1/2 dozen. My husband took their basket back and asked if they'd do anything about the 10 dead ones. Nope they didn't want to do anything. He said I will not ever do buisness with this place again, the young girl that I think is the daughter of the owner said that's okay we have enough buisness. He walked out. We sat down to eat the 2 1/2 dozen we had and they I swear were the worst crabs I've ever eaten in my life. They were all papery you could put your finger through the shell of ever crab. I was so dissapointed.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by SusieQ
We like to eat crabs almost every other Sat. or Sunday. Me and my husband spend a few dollars and usually buy maybe 2 or 3 dozen. This past Sunday I couldn't find any females so finally I called Capt. Lenoards (the place with the boat and the oyster shells outside) well he had half bushel females for 35.00. Sounded good so I went and got them. Came home and my husband started to cook them. There was about 3 1/2 dozen which is a small half bushel and 10 count them 10 were dead. So that left us with 2 1/2 dozen. My husband took their basket back and asked if they'd do anything about the 10 dead ones. Nope they didn't want to do anything. He said I will not ever do buisness with this place again, the young girl that I think is the daughter of the owner said that's okay we have enough buisness. He walked out. We sat down to eat the 2 1/2 dozen we had and they I swear were the worst crabs I've ever eaten in my life. They were all papery you could put your finger through the shell of ever crab. I was so dissapointed.

2 1/2 dozen crabs for $35 is a deal. Sounds like they were overcooked.

S

Short Thang

Just FYI, I called this weekend all over checking crab prices and when I called CAPT Leonards, I asked for cooked and uncooked prices. The gentleman on the phone told me that they no longer sell them uncooked because there is "too much drama coming from one or two dead crabs after the crabs were left in a hot car for a long period of time" he went on to tell me that "it's too much of a hassle to have to deal with the jerks (mainly a gentleman that came in there the other day) over something that they have no control over"

So,from now on peeps; only cooked crabs from CAPT Leonards thanks to you know who.