Idiots in Leonardtown!

K

Kain99

Yesterday 4 of us went to lunch at the Chinese Restaraunt. Next to us, was a table of approx 15 obvious intellectuals. :rolleyes:

When Lunch was over the mathmatically disabled group proceeds to the register where they complain that the bill was not seperated by individual.

So we wait........ and wait.... and wait......... while these morons have the poor chinese waitress rewrite the bills so that they can figure it out.

Cheap! I am hoping that at least one of you Dingo's reads these forums. Since none of you have the brains to subtract.... Next time, Puhlease.... ask for the bill to be refigured at your table.

Don't hold up 50 people who need to get back to work!

Rant Over...............:bubble:

SeaRide

15 people? for chinese food? oh puhlease .. don't bother asking for separate checks. Come on, Kain.. you think 15 people should asked for separate check when they order? oh pls.

bottoms up

We asked for the bill to be separated by individual when we were being seated, and again when it was brought to us. The "poor chinese waitress" didn't understand english well enough to get it right. :bubble:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by bottoms up
We asked for the bill to be separated by individual when we were being seated, and again when it was brought to us.
a-HA! So it was YOU! :lol:

Here's a tip: math is your friend. If you have even rudimentary math skills, you can divvy up the bill yourself at your table and don't need to do that retarded "separate checks for everyone" gig.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's why I hate going to a restaurant with a bunch of women. They sit there and niggle over the bill, trying to figure it down to the penny, then agonizing over the tip. Last time this happened I just grabbed the bill and said, "Lunch is on me - this is too painful to watch."

bottoms up

i was pulling kains chain :wink: but since it's a topic now, if I go to a restaurant with a group of people I prefer separate checks. I've been stiffed way too many times by people who forget to add on tax and tip to their $4.95 Number 1 Lunch Special when they toss a $5 dollar bill on the table or worse, count out exact change! :rolleyes: :mad:

SxyPrincess

Originally posted by vraiblonde
Last time this happened I just grabbed the bill and said, "Lunch is on me - this is too painful to watch."
:yeahthat: My g/f's and I usually take turns buying lunch/dinner/drinks when we go out. If not, I make sure I have cash so that I can pay my tab. I could see splitting 2-3 bills, but splitting up a bill for 15 different people is absurd. :ohwell:

K

Kain99

It's not that I minded the seperate check request so much..... Although I did find them rather retarded. It was more the mass hold up at the register.

Don't quote me - but I'd bet the farm that the group was from the Board of Ed. :biggrin:

Lot's of familiar faces.

SeaRide

Most of the time when I am out with a large group for lunch, it could be somebody's birthday or a farewell lunch for somebody so we just pay the share of the bill including tips and cover for that special person's lunch without any hassle from anybody.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
My g/f's and I usually take turns buying lunch/dinner/drinks when we go out.
That seems like a better way of doing it. Then if you get someone who consistently stiffs you, you just don't invite them to lunch anymore. My group of gal buds had someone like this and I fianlly just told her, "You can't come to lunch with us anymore because you always stiff us on the bill." She bought us lunch that day and we called it square.

K

Kain99

Re: Re: Idiots in Leonardtown!

Originally posted by otter
We were only there for the bluegrass concert Saturday, Kain, we left, not to worry..
:razz:

TripleJ

Originally posted by vraiblonde
That's why I hate going to a restaurant with a bunch of women. They sit there and niggle over the bill, trying to figure it down to the penny, then agonizing over the tip. Last time this happened I just grabbed the bill and said, "Lunch is on me - this is too painful to watch."
i agree, i would have just grabbed the check and paid it all myself instead of going through that or being associated with a group of people doing that:cheers:

TripleJ

Originally posted by bottoms up
i was pulling kains chain :wink: but since it's a topic now, if I go to a restaurant with a group of people I prefer separate checks. I've been stiffed way too many times by people who forget to add on tax and tip to their $4.95 Number 1 Lunch Special when they toss a $5 dollar bill on the table or worse, count out exact change! :rolleyes: :mad:
I wouldn't eat lunch with someone like that

TripleJ

:yeahthat: My g/f's and I usually take turns buying lunch/dinner/drinks when we go out. If not, I make sure I have cash so that I can pay my tab. I could see splitting 2-3 bills, but splitting up a bill for 15 different people is absurd. :ohwell:
I agree, i'm surprised the restaurant let them get away with it? most places with a party that large insist on one bill

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
While I don't mind paying for a friends lunch, I wouldn't grab the bill for 15 people. It could be upwards of $150. :yikes: :lol:

If the idiots didn't have some idea of the amount they were supposed to pay, why not just divide it evenly?

SxyPrincess

Originally posted by Sharon
While I don't mind paying for a friends lunch, I wouldn't grab the bill for 15 people. It could be upwards of $150. :yikes: :lol:

True, but just think about how many lunches you'd get before it was your turn to buy again. :wink:

Otter

Nothing to see here
True, but just think about how many lunches you'd get before it was your turn to buy again. :wink:

It never works out that way...

bottoms up

assuming the mathematically challenged idiots are good for it :really:

15 people is a lot to be splitting a bill, i agree. there is another advantage to splitting it if you are in a smaller group, like 4 people. if I have a couple drinks, math is not at the top of my functional abilities list :blushing: we'd all spend half the night laughing, trying to add and subtract, and end up ordering yet another round while we try to figure it out! :lol:

Last edited: