Leonardtown

ImnoMensa

Does anyone here know of the big changes coming to Leonardtown?

The main drag into town is getting ready to be torn up and changed. The street will be torn up right down to the sidewalks there will be one lane in and one lane out when finished.

Any comments on what this will do to business in town?

It looks like a vast waste of money to me.

The main drag into town is getting ready to be torn up and changed. The street will be torn up right down to the sidewalks there will be one lane in and one lane out when finished.

Think, "I have a $600K condo at the end of this street and I don't want to jockey around making weird corners just to get to the highway".

Is that why they cut down that big tree?

I have suspected big changes must be in store for Leonardtown since finding out that two big chain hotels are being built in town. Investors wouldn't put that kind of dough into building and staffing a hotel unless they were expecting an increase in tourism for the area.

jenbengen

Watch it
I have suspected big changes must be in store for Leonardtown since finding out that two big chain hotels are being built in town. Investors wouldn't put that kind of dough into building and staffing a hotel unless they were expecting an increase in tourism for the area.

I'm ok with growth, but I like Leonardtown how it is.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08

I believe that the plans for the hotel and golf course have fallen to the wayside and isn't going to happen.

I believe that the plans for the hotel and golf course have fallen to the wayside and isn't going to happen.

The Best Western is already built and bricked... I believe the Hampton Inn is is scheduled for the area which is now known as Penny's Bar... at least that's what the recently posted sign says...:shrug:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
The Best Western is already built and bricked... I believe the Hampton Inn is is scheduled for the area which is now known as Penny's Bar... at least that's what the recently posted sign says...:shrug:

I was thinking about the big golf course, etc. that was supposed to go with the hotel where Penny's used to be, I guess.

Draco69

I am going to have to look now on the way home. The only new construction I have seen in Leanordtown is the new bank they are building on the corner by the fire truck yellow lashing lights.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I am going to have to look now on the way home. The only new construction I have seen in Leanordtown is the new bank they are building on the corner by the fire truck yellow lashing lights.
That's not in Leonardtown proper. Go into the town itself.

I wonder if all the changes will affect town traditions like Christmas on the Square. :ohwell:

Draco69

Ohhh ok, Yeah I have not been in Old Leanordtown in a few weeks. But I will be going soon, Linda's Cafe got a new cook and the food is alot better. The cook at Copseys quit and went to Linda's.

dave1959

If you don't know whats going on how is it a waste of money ????

ImnoMensa

If you don't know whats going on how is it a waste of money ????

The street in front of St. Aloysious Church is to be torn up including the sidewalks and a new street plan adopted, One lane into town with one lane coming out with an extra turn lane put in. The whole street will be torn up for a long time for nothing. The street is fine the way it is.
Meanwhile businesses will be affected and leonardtown was just starting to get bakc on its feet.

T

toppick08

Which "main drag" are you talking about.?

5 or Washington St........:confused: