Musically Yours

havoc

I just wanted to give a shout out to Musically Yours on 245 in California.

My son has his band final on Thursday, and yesterday the band teacher told him he needed his clarinet pads checked - ASAP. He has a pretty cheap clarinet we bought him a few years ago when he first decided to play - figured it was cheaper than renting one for the year, so if he broke it, no big loss. Fortunately it has lasted this long, and we've more than got our money's worth.

ANYWAY, we're closer to Waldorf, so I called O'Neill's last night and discovered they no longer do repairs. They directed me to A-Tech in Clinton, I called the number they gave and left a message. Got home and looked online, and found the number for Musically Yours.

I called and explained the situation - the man was very helpful, told me exactly how to find him, and assured me that since I was coming from so far away, he'd do everything he could to fix the instrument while we waited. And he did just that! Fixed a bent key and replaced several pads, tried out the instrument himself before and after, and told my son what he was and was not doing correctly (use more cork grease, etc.).

I believe in spreading the word for good service, as usually only the bad gets around. If anyone needs any musical instrument services, I cannot recommend Musically Yours highy enough! :yay:

Oh - and regarding A-Tech, the guy also told me that I could have gone there as it would have been closer and he's used them himself in the past. I told him I'd left a message, and it turns out O'Neill's gave me the wrong number. I found it very honorable of him to recommend someone closer, but I will always make it a point to try to go back to him. Just great service all around!!

jenbengen

Watch it

My son has his band final on Thursday, and yesterday the band teacher told him he needed his clarinet pads checked - ASAP. He has a pretty cheap clarinet we bought him a few years ago when he first decided to play - figured it was cheaper than renting one for the year, so if he broke it, no big loss. Fortunately it has lasted this long, and we've more than got our money's worth.

ANYWAY, we're closer to Waldorf, so I called O'Neill's last night and discovered they no longer do repairs. They directed me to A-Tech in Clinton, I called the number they gave and left a message. Got home and looked online, and found the number for Musically Yours.

I called and explained the situation - the man was very helpful, told me exactly how to find him, and assured me that since I was coming from so far away, he'd do everything he could to fix the instrument while we waited. And he did just that! Fixed a bent key and replaced several pads, tried out the instrument himself before and after, and told my son what he was and was not doing correctly (use more cork grease, etc.).

I believe in spreading the word for good service, as usually only the bad gets around. If anyone needs any musical instrument services, I cannot recommend Musically Yours highy enough! :yay:

Oh - and regarding A-Tech, the guy also told me that I could have gone there as it would have been closer and he's used them himself in the past. I told him I'd left a message, and it turns out O'Neill's gave me the wrong number. I found it very honorable of him to recommend someone closer, but I will always make it a point to try to go back to him. Just great service all around!!

The man I have always dealt with there (he owns it) has always been extremely nice and helpful, too. I'd recommend them a million times over. Customer service and knowledge are great. :yay:

The man I have always dealt with there (he owns it) has always been extremely nice and helpful, too. I'd recommend them a million times over. Customer service and knowledge are great. :yay:

His name is Harry, and he is just about the best local business owner around. Harry will give you the shirt off his back if it will help you. He has bailed me out of countless situations needing instruments and sound equipment. Harry and his wife, Kay are one of a kind! Southern Maryland is lucky to have them. :yay::yay:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Not to pick, but if its the place I'm thinking of, its on 235, not 245 :yay:
I just want to make sure the proper place gets credit :smile: (I never really got into playing instruments but my sister went to musically yours for some stuff, and I think they at least USED to be on 235).

sowhat

Skinny people need LESS
I heard that they are closing this summer. Has anyone else heard the same?

From what I heard, they bought out another music store in the county and will be moving there :shrug: That should narrow it down to 2 places I can think of :shrug:

BernieP

Resident PIA
From what I heard, they bought out another music store in the county and will be moving there :shrug: That should narrow it down to 2 places I can think of :shrug:

Harry and the Mrs are great people and I wish them the best of luck. A new location couldn't hurt, the shop has limited parking and entry and exit are difficult.